Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
By using the word "Truck" people you made my point. Many new and future CT owners are not the typical truck owner you keep bringing up. That is what's new and different. Why can't you just accept the CT and move on.
Yes, they're the minivan owners from the 1980's and 1990's fast forward to today's world. Soccer moms will buy up the CT in droves once the prices come down - mark my words. This is the market segment that could very well form for the CT just as it formed when Chrysler introduced the minivan in the 1980's.

You can get a 2 to 4 year old SUV or Minivan for under 45K. The 2 to 4 year old Cybertrucks will most likely be around 60 to 70K. The majority of Soccer and Football Moms are budget conscious. Unless someone is wealthy the chances of a Soccer/Football Mom purchasing the Cybertruck is very small. Especially in Rural and small Towns. If you drive through a parking lot where a Game is going on especially High School parking lots during Football season I'm willing to bet that the average age of a SUV, Minivan or Pickup is between 5 to 10 years old and worth between 15 to 30K.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
You can get a 2 to 4 year old SUV or Minivan for under 45K. The 2 to 4 year old Cybertrucks will most likely be around 60 to 70K. The majority of Soccer and Football Moms are budget conscious. Unless someone is wealthy the chances of a Soccer/Football Mom purchasing the Cybertruck is very small. Especially in Rural and small Towns. If you drive through a parking lot where a Game is going on especially High School parking lots during Football season I'm willing to bet that the average age of a SUV, Minivan or Pickup is between 5 to 10 years old and worth between 15 to 30K.

Yah, first I don't see many women wanting to drive a CT. I mean it's like how a few women buy Corvettes, but it ain't many. At least a Corvette is sexy and elegant.

Secondly, obviously a Crossover or a Minivan is much more economical than a CT but beyond that, soccer moms yearn for Escalades & loaded Yukons. That's the 'well-to-do' soccer mom car. That's an automobile that says 'I've arrived'. A CT says something else more like 'I enjoy Joe Rogan podcasts and the movie Deathrace 2000'.

It's hilarious to me that someone thinks piles of soccer moms are going to go pick up the kids in a Stainless steel impractical as sh*t CT! That's downright silly.

Could you imagine how perfect the CT would have been in the movie Idiocracy!? Now that would have been amazing.

Last edited:
I doubt very much CTs will be selling for 60-70k in 2-4 years - maybe the Cyberbeat trimotor - but given on average EVs drop over 50% in value within that period of time, let's be realistic and assume that CTs will be selling for 50-65% at most of their original MSRP value - which for the vast majority of CTs sold - meaning the dual motor version - at 80k - would give us a range of 40-52k - and this assumes that Tesla doesn't drop the MSRP prices for CT - which is very likely to occur over that same 2-4 year time period - to promote more volume sales. If we assume the same trajectory as other models - we'll be seeing used CTs selling for 30-42k most likely. That's no more expensive than many lightly used Escalades/Yukons/Tahoes that soccer moms buy up in droves today, just like these same soccer moms bought up minivans in the 80s and 90s. It's gone from Minivan to SUV to ???. Could that ??? be a CT? It's feasible - given people are having fewer children - and having a covered pickup bed is effectively no different than the large rear storage areas that the larger SUVs provide today - except you don't have to worry about yucking up the pickup bed unlike the interior areas in the SUVs today. Just throw all your filthy gear into the pickup bed and go - who cares if the bed gets dirty? This is the reason we see more and more women driving 1500 series pickups to sporting events instead of SUVs - luxury 1/2 ton pickups have increasingly become soccer mom vehicles over the past 10 years as they can serve the same purpose as the larger SUVS - but offer a pickup bed that you don't have to worry about yucking up with a bunch of dirty sports gear several times a week. The CT is a lifestyle pickup variant - so IMHO it potentially fits into this market segment better than many skeptics may realize.

Of course I could be completely off base - but it wouldn't surprise me if something like this actually transpires over the next several years. This would actually help Tesla to sell a lot more CTs overall - so I'm surprised that the fanboys on here aren't realizing this would be a huge benefit to Tesla and embrace this concept.

Last edited:
Yes, they're the minivan owners from the 1980's and 1990's fast forward to today's world. Soccer moms will buy up the CT in droves once the prices come down - mark my words. This is the market segment that could very well form for the CT just as it formed when Chrysler introduced the minivan in the 1980's.
Good example but a bit limited by the number of seats. We owned 3 Chrysler minivans to carry the kids around and to take vacations. Price for the CT will come down just like the Model X did. When fully loaded the X was once over $150k.

Less. My 2021 MS Plaid, that I paid $145k for as an early adopter, is worth only $53650, per Tesla. Checked less than a week ago. The turd will depreciate at least as fast as my Plaid PoS. Why? Because in two years many changes will have been made, AND, initial “fanatic” demand will have been satisfied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suns_PSD
Re CT price being $42k to $50k in 2 to 4 years, if this lower pricing curve were true then why are Escalades now $120k and Sierra 1500 Denalis $80k when 4 years ago they were $80k and $60k respectively? And 4 years before that available with rebates/discounts for $10k to $15k less. Highly doubtful methinks that a awd CT will ever be under $65k. Unless GM and Ford lower their ev trucks to below $70k.

Good example but a bit limited by the number of seats. We owned 3 Chrysler minivans to carry the kids around and to take vacations. Price for the CT will come down just like the Model X did. When fully loaded the X was once over $150k.
Yes but with most Americans having fewer children - the need for having a third row is dissipating at least in part. We had minivans for many years since we had three children (now all adults), but the birth rates here in the US have been falling consistently for decades now and has fallen below the magical 2.1 ratio necessary to maintain the population. As a result, having three row vehicles isn't as big a deal as it once was. Granted - young kids have friends so a third row is handy in this respect - but my overall point is that three rows isn't required if you only have two kids at most.

Agree 100% on your price observations - the price of the CT will come down as production ramps over the next couple of years.

Ironically, I just received my CT "Ready to Order" email today. RN112860###. Delaware resident. Probably won't follow through as it's too rich for my blood - but it's nice to get the offer either way. :cool:

Re CT price being $42k to $50k in 2 to 4 years, if this lower pricing curve were true then why are Escalades now $120k and Sierra 1500 Denalis $80k when 4 years ago they were $80k and $60k respectively? And 4 years before that available with rebates/discounts for $10k to $15k less. Highly doubtful methinks that a awd CT will ever be under $65k. Unless GM and Ford lower their ev trucks to below $70k.
This has more to do with the Tesla mission - they're not in this for profit - they're in it for promoting the BEV transition as quickly as possible - and the best way to do that is to make the vehicles less expensive over time - even if that means losing existing early adopter customers in the process due to steeper valuation declines.

Yes but with most Americans having fewer children - the need for having a third row is dissipating at least in part. We had minivans for many years since we had three children (now all adults), but the birth rates here in the US has been falling consistently for decades now and has fallen below the magical 2.1 ratio necessary to maintain the population. As a result, having three row vehicles isn't as big a deal as it once was. Granted - young kids have friends so a third row is handy in this respect - but my overall point is that three rows isn't required if you only have two kids at most.

Agree 100% on your price observations - the price of the CT will come down as production ramps over the next couple of years.

Ironically, I just received my CT "Ready to Order" email today. RN112860###. Delaware resident. Probably won't follow through as it's too rich for my blood - but it's nice to get the offer either way. :cool:

You better order or you will be called a Debbie Downer, Elon Hater, shill for big Oil or employee for a Legacy OEM

Last edited:
You better order or you be called a Debbie Downer, Elon Hater, shill for big Oil or employee for a Legacy OEM
I'd consider it seriously if I could order the originally announced dual motor model for $80k and obtain the IRA tax credit - but alas I only see the Foundation Series options in my configurator. It does appear that you can also actually preorder the range extender now for an additional $500 deposit:

1707861735288.png

1707861845884.png

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I'd consider it seriously if I could order the originally announced dual motor model for $80k and obtain the IRA tax credit - but alas I only see the Foundation Series options in my configurator. It does appear that you can also actually preorder the range extender now for an additional $500 deposit:

View attachment 1018051

View attachment 1018054

Nice! I had a lower Reservation #, I think my number would have come up by now......

1. Order
2. Take Delivery and Wrap it/Make YT videos on the same wrap everyone has
3. Profit??
4. Sell to a desperate CT fan

It's one owner and they think it could also be rail dust from shipping.
I'm not sure how you reached that conclusion since quote "another user noticed similar orange specks on his truck after driving it through rain in Los Angeles" and there are references to someone else, presumably a third user, reporting luck in cleaning off the "rust" spots with Bar Keeper's cleaner, so it's definitely not just one person...