Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon just got called out by the SF DA for blabbing before the facts were out. He'd do himself a favor by simply STFU except for statements that relate directly to his job. The perpetrator is a tech worker/entrepreneur who knew Bob Lee.

DA Calls Out Elon Musk Over San Francisco Crime Comments Following Killing of Bob Lee
I think Musk has 130 million followers on Twitter? And many more who saw his misinformation liked, retweeted, or replied to. Not to mention being max boosted. Owning the “public square” means no oversight on his posts and he obviously doesn’t have the discipline to tweet responsibly.

Former Twitter executive Yoel Roth was reportedly forced to flee his home in the wake of threats spurred by the 'Twitter Files' and increased criticism from Elon Musk

Reactions: 30seconds
I think the past year of Twitter ownership has aged Elon by at least a decade. Just saw a headshot of him for a "The Street" article, and he's definitely looking weathered.

To think he could have spent his time pushing his companies to build that home HVAC unit that I’ve been waiting on smh…..

A Tesla Wagon, redesigned Model 3. Maybe a sports coupe? But no, $41 Billion into Troller just to make sure people are paying attention to him

And you can hardly find a better example of why a microblogging platform which rewards posts based on who knows what algorithm, totally un-edited, and treats completely unfounded opinions on a more or less equal basis is not a very good source for news. Take this.

We know Bob Lee was stabbed, we know it from traditional media. I have not surveyed all the media, but if its anything like the reporting on most murders, unless there is a suspect under arrest, traditional media does not speculate.

Not so with this guy "Jake Shields," who is not a reporter, not a writer, but as far as I can see so far a rather buff looking former MMA guy who probably trains people perhaps celebrities or rich guys, like perhaps Bob Lee.

Thanks in some part to Sheilds, the story gained traction, from an SF Gate article Man who fueled politicization of Bob Lee's death isn't backing down:

The next day, the story was everywhere. Shields’ Twitter thread was cited in write-ups by the New York Post and others, and also garnered a response from Twitter owner Elon Musk, one of many prominent individuals to engage with the thread.

At 8:24 a.m. Wednesday — 12 hours after Shields’ initial viral tweet — SFGATE sent a Twitter direct message to Shields asking for “more info on the details [he] shared that Bob was walking in the city and likely mugged when he was stabbed.” Eleven minutes later, Shields replied, “Honestly I don’t have many details. I just assumed mugging because Bob isn’t a guy with enemies so it had to be random.”

Of course he doesn't have "many details" he doesn't have ANY details. He's got a twitter account, and a nice 'tude, I will give him that -- from the same article:

Shields has spent most of his Thursday on Twitter responding to backlash over him writing, “We need to normalize fat shaming not body positivity.” One of these tweets reads, “I’ve realized I was wrong and would like to sincerely apologize to the millions of fat people I’ve offended[.] As a peace offering ill buy you a Big Mac, Fries, and a large milkshake.”

Oh my god, the comedic brilliance. I need sun glasses.

Anyway, I guess I am not cut out for twitter as since when uninformed people comment on uninformed other people I see no benefit to it. I'd rather waste time here, where at least most posts contain some semblance of research or at least actual experience.

Maybe not in this thread but generally.
Couple weeks ago I posted that Elon is a reactionary. This is just another example. He sees something horrible on Twitter and comments or retweets without any checking into it. This causes it to go viral and since he is such a public figure and followed by so many it gets covered. The right knows this. I now kinda believe he overheard someone talking about Climate Change and reacted to it. We are lucky he didnt overhear someone saying it was all a hoax or Tesla wouldnt exist.

*sigh

I suppose it was only a matter of time the way things have been going.

FtrbJGGWcAEpj0O.jpg

Fox News and right-wing media blowhards (Musk) immediately seized upon last week's brutal murder of CashApp founder Bob Lee in a knife attack to amplify their hysterical narrative that San Francisco is a lawless wasteland of marauding vagrants — before any actual facts emerged. And wouldn't you know it, Lee was murdered by another tech company owner with whom he had some kind of personal beef. No word yet on when Fox News will run a sensationalized special on techie-on-techie crime.

This will be his opportunity to discuss the risks of climate change and the benefits of EVs to the Fox crowd. Or at least to settle once and for all whether or not he's trying to court that audience for Tesla vehicle sales.
Yeah, I’m sure climate climate change is going to be a hot topic on Tucker Carlson’s show. After years of climate denial. My guess is this will be completely focused on wokeness/twitter/free speech culture war BS. I’ll wager they spend less than 10% of the time talking about climate/evs.

Yeah, I’m sure climate climate change is going to be a hot topic on Tucker Carlson’s show. After years of climate denial. My guess is this will be completely focused on wokeness/twitter/free speech culture war BS. I’ll wager they spend less than 10% of the time talking about climate/evs.
I suspect the same. But if indeed this is a 4D chess move, we'll see it there or it can be removed from the conversation.

This will be his opportunity to discuss the risks of climate change and the benefits of EVs to the Fox crowd. Or at least to settle once and for all whether or not he's trying to court that audience for Tesla vehicle sales.
Are you interested in taking some bets?
Give me a couple of hours to liquidate some TSLA…

Tucker will bait him and I would not be surprised if Elon falls for it if it pushes a button for him. Great opportunity to get out a good message or say something really stupid.

Tucker will bait him and I would not be surprised if Elon falls for it if it pushes a button for him. Great opportunity to get out a good message or say something really stupid.
Elon will as the reactionary person he is. Tucker will declare something horrible and likely a lie and Elon will fall for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.