Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fisker Karma

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, which makes the story-telling more scathing, but, after some Google research, doesn't change the core "situation". It's also not the first time there's been grumblings about the company Fisker used to raise funds.

Back in October: Fisker investors file lawsuit over possible preferred stock scam

Patient purchasers are finally taking delivery of the first Karmas to roll off the line, but not everyone is receiving everything they expected. A group of Florida investors put up $4.5 million for a stake in the plug-in hybrid company, and now has nothing to show for it.

Just now: O.C. hybrid car maker sued for fraud - OC Watchdog : The Orange County Register

Wray alleges that on Jan. 18 Fisker sent him a letter saying that “due to Fisker’s urgent need for equity capital, the financing now contains a ‘pay to play’ provision.” Bottom line: Fisker wanted him to invest an additional $83,922.32 by Jan. 27.

If he didn’t pay, the letter allegedly warned, Wray would lose rights he got when he first purchased the stock, including a discounted price if the company goes public, protection against dilution of his shares by later purchasers and preference in a bankruptcy.

Guy in the second article is identified as Daniel Wray and is spurred by a letter he received in January, while the first seems to be about a group of investors down in Florida, and naturally happened before the letter.

Couple that with the DOE situation, and, political slant aside, one has to wonder...

Sorry, can't agree with you. Karma is extremely ugly. Not only that but terrible quality as well. Who in the right mind would waste 100k+ for such junk? I just don't get it.

Have you seen one in person?

I agree for the most part, but isn't subpar paint one of the big gripes of the people who received early Karmas?

From the Karma's I have seen in person the paint is simply stunning.

Have you seen one in person?
Nope. I don't desire. Will see soon one in a museum.

kramadogface.jpg

When i look at the Karma I can't help myself from seeing a laughing dog like that.

And for those who like the design: I don't buy a chocolate bar just because it has a nice shape or it's in a beautiful wrap. I also check the ingredients.

Last edited:
I agree with medved
I've seen a Karma at the Philadelphia auto show and it looks nice, but not my cup of tea- front nose is way too big. There was a muscle car guy there who was considering buying one, but once he learned the specs he wasn't interested, he said to quote him "that's it, I would think it would be faster".

The Karma gives the "illusion" of being a super fast car (0-60 in around 6 seconds is fast, but is worse than most stock V8 pony cars, so it's not super fast) while not actually having the performance to back it up. I'm reminded of the Plymouth Prowler, or Delorean when I look at the Karma, on the surface its eye catching, but the engineering and performance is not there.

I think the Karma will eventually flop, much like the Prowler or Delorean (unless they manage to get their car in a series of high profile movies) after the initial people get them since they no longer become a rare commodity and people realize the performance is lousy, they will "trade up" for better performing cars

I agree with medved
I've seen a Karma at the Philadelphia auto show and it looks nice, but not my cup of tea- front nose is way too big. There was a muscle car guy there who was considering buying one, but once he learned the specs he wasn't interested, he said to quote him "that's it, I would think it would be faster".

The Karma gives the "illusion" of being a super fast car (0-60 in around 6 seconds is fast, but is worse than most stock V8 pony cars, so it's not super fast) while not actually having the performance to back it up. I'm reminded of the Plymouth Prowler, or Delorean when I look at the Karma, on the surface its eye catching, but the engineering and performance is not there.

I think the Karma will eventually flop, much like the Prowler or Delorean (unless they manage to get their car in a series of high profile movies) after the initial people get them since they no longer become a rare commodity and people realize the performance is lousy, they will "trade up" for better performing cars
Exactly. 100k buys a lot performance which the Karma doesn't have. The only thing it's got going for it is the looks, although that varies from person to person. Buying a 100k car just for the looks is something 99.9% of people don't do.

I agree with medved

Right. Take the $40 - $50k Infiniti G37 for example; I believe it's around 5.5 seconds. For more than double the price I'm going to expect the ultimate in luxury plus significantly better performance.

Nope. I don't desire. Will see soon one in a museum.

kramadogface.jpg

When i look at the Karma I can't help myself from seeing a laughing dog like that.

And for those who like the design: I don't buy a chocolate bar just because it has a nice shape or it's in a beautiful wrap. I also check the ingredients.

with that slightly curved grill i think it looks like a mexican vaquero's curly mustache. :p i dont like the design of the exterior or interior.