Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How many people are having connectivity issues?

Are you having connectivity issues?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Raised another service request based on the discussions i had with the service engineers at Tesla on Firday, and this is the response i recieved.
View attachment 1053714
Blatently incorrect as so many other users are also facing the same issue, and asked for it to be escalted further. Really going to push hard now for it to be resolved as its been over 6 months since i started raising service requests regarding this and still no sight of a resolution. I did state that others with Model 3 and Ys are experiancing the same issue so i am not going to be pushed down the route of purchasing the MCU2 upgrade when this will not fix the issue.
I have the same problem on my 71 plate M3LR.

They said await firmware update to fix, which is certainly going to happen soon as it's been a problem for people on here, myself included, for over 6 months now and we've got no fix...

Mine is still the same. No signal in all the same places but the map pops back once it returns for long enough but because the area is patchy you often find it's gone again before the maps finish loading.

Ideally someone with premium on an old Model S MCU1 and someone else with premium on MCU2 and someone else with paid premium on a Model 3 need to all drive the same route at a similar time and see whether behaviour is consistent or not.

well, I wonder now..

with latest update we have that pseudo minimap available when "FSD" visualisation is on full page.

I need to try - as it might be that in case of loss of the map tiles, the minimap still pre-cached..?

I have the same problem on my 71 plate M3LR.

They said await firmware update to fix, which is certainly going to happen soon as it's been a problem for people on here, myself included, for over 6 months now and we've got no fix...
they told me a firmware update will be "coming soon" for months, but still nothing. I am wondering if this is a sneaky way to eliminate people obtaining free premium connectivity though. Give it a year or two until everyone uses hotspotting, then they switch it off completely. Tesla must be saving a huge amount of money on data costs with people not being able to re-connect.

Reactions: Roy Batty
they told me a firmware update will be "coming soon" for months, but still nothing. I am wondering if this is a sneaky way to eliminate people obtaining free premium connectivity though. Give it a year or two until everyone uses hotspotting, then they switch it off completely. Tesla must be saving a huge amount of money on data costs with people not being able to re-connect.
everyone who bought cars after 2021 (and probably 2020 too...) have to pay 10 a month for premium. and this is majority of tesla owners...

Just had a call back from Tesla "management" as its very dificult to assertain credentials on the phone. Not sure what level but basically emphasised that the MCU2 would help with the connectivity but would not agere to guarantee it would fix connectivity issue. So a £2,100 "upgrade" (MCU2 @ £1,700 and £400 for DAB/FM as we have lower signal is this area and more blackspots) may not even fix the issue.

It was explained that its all down to the firmware, and essentially the firmware for MCU1 cars are at the bottom of the list. I emphasised that a few people i know who have model 3s are also experiancing issues, however that was explained that its a "different" connectivitiy issue, much like an engine management light could be caused by multiple factors. not sure how much of this i believe, but i was reluctant to shell out £2,100 for it not to work.

Other than MCU and MCU2, what are the other systems in Model 3's etc so i could make a new vote based on the system type.

I swear blind the connectivity has gotten worse over the last week.

I came back from holiday on Friday and drove from Milford on Sea to Rownhams Services on the M27 with what appeared to be maps but no Audible or Spotify.

I stopped at Rownhams and did a two button reset but it didn't seem to help, so setup a hotspot on my phone and connected to that which solved the problem.

It really is very crap considering I've been told by a service centre that it's a firmware fix so they can't do anything and I'm paying £10 per month for the privilege.

Tesla are meant to have the best infotainment, well when it can't connect it becomes a very expensive pile.

What do you lose without Premium Connectivity, you don't really have an alternative.

Even doing a hotspot is a pain, my old ID.3 created the hotspot so when you got in the car my phone just connected, no mucking about turning hotspots on and off.

Frustrating doesn't come close.