Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to gracefully disengage FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you know where these messages go and how to get a copy of the message and what Tesla recorded? Like the video you suggest is sent to Tesla

AFAIK, our recorded message with a video clip goes to Tesla. It is likely saved on some Tesla server and then retrieved by Tesla engineers when they search for training videos. I don't think we can get a copy of the message or video.

We don't know exactly what they're used for, but my guess is they are primarily there to benchmark performance across releases via auto-classify interventions based on the audio feedback.

For instance, you might submit feedback like "car hit curb at tight intersection". Tesla could easily track the volume of feedback with "curb" in it and compare releases to track impact of changes.

I wanted to chime in with something I've kind of learned to do, with MUCH joy.. so now-a-days when I want to disengage FSD I just follow along!

I'll steer as I would steer very gently, as the FSD makes it's moves.. within a few seconds my decisions won't agree precisely with the FSD decisions and it just let's go. This idea of follow until the FSD disagrees with you comes across as a very gentle and easy transition into me driving until the next activation

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I do find this to be SO much nicer than just 'disengaging' and catching up to normal for half a second. It's almost like a pass-off of control..