Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If Tesla replaces the battery pack (under warranty), will that extend the warranty on the battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
I sold my M3P last November, since I moved to a different country (Malaysia) for work. Well, things didn't work out, and now I'm back in Korea, looking at a similar car with similar mileage. There is a very similar one with higher miles, but had the HV battery replaced with a NEW one at a Tesla Korea service center. Would the battery pack have a separate warranty since it's basically new, or would the same original warranty apply? Also, is there any way to tell if the replaced HV battery pack is LFP or not from the software side?

Thank you

Here's a screenshot of the receipt (looks like it costs around $18k USD here)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi guys,
I sold my M3P last November, since I moved to a different country (Malaysia) for work. Well, things didn't work out, and now I'm back in Korea, looking at a similar car with similar mileage. There is a very similar one with higher miles, but had the HV battery replaced with a NEW one at a Tesla Korea service center. Would the battery pack have a separate warranty since it's basically new, or would the same original warranty apply? Also, is there any way to tell if the replaced HV battery pack is LFP or not from the software side?

Thank you
The answer to the thread question (at least in the US) is "No it does not extend the battery warranty". No idea what it is in your country.

Thanks for the replies guys, I think Tesla has similar policies no matter the country, so what applies in the US will most likely apply here as well. I still think it's a very attractive price point for an M3P with new HV battery pack and FSD for around $33k USD, since when I purchased the same car only 2 years ago, it was around $80k. Depreciation sure sucks, and it unfortunately seems to be a global phenomenon :(

Thanks for the replies guys, I think Tesla has similar policies no matter the country, so what applies in the US will most likely apply here as well. I still think it's a very attractive price point for an M3P with new HV battery pack and FSD for around $33k USD, since when I purchased the same car only 2 years ago, it was around $80k. Depreciation sure sucks, and it unfortunately seems to be a global phenomenon :(

Are you aware Tesla just recently announced a refresh version of the Model 3 Performance?