Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More importantly...is it possible the train(s) has left the rail yard and headed east? I'm assuming we wont get this info so we'll just have to wait for the text from Tesla scheduling the delivery date. does it make sense to think the first ship has east coast orders to allow time to arrive by train and 2nd ship will have west coast orders. it would be a similar delivery window.
No first ship has east and west coast cars. I hope 😅

Last edited:
Anyone having trouble with insurance? They aren’t able to find my VIN that was given to me by my SA
Car is probably still to new to be in their systems, all the places that do quotes online don't have the newer model. you can just use the older model for a quote. Most companies will honor the quote until you get your final delivery dates. I doubt there will be to much of a difference between a 23 and 24 model 3.

This probably wont change till you get your final delivery dates, which youll have up to 3 days prior to upload the documentations

Last edited:
Car is probably still to new to be in their systems, all the places that do quotes online don't have the newer model. you can just use the older model for a quote. Most companies will honor the quote till you get the car in hand. I doubt there will be to much of a difference between a 23 and 24 model 3.

This probably wont change till you get your final delivery date
They were able to find it. Sorry!

Here is ship #2 for those wondering
1709163132159.png

If you want your VIN or to know where your car is, maybe I can help. I was one of the first to get a Shanghai car, (Model Y) last summer. Your SA has access to your info on their laptop through the "Tesla OS Transport Management System " Your ViN is there. They can tell you if your car is on the ship. Also the exact date and time it left the factory to the very second and the delivery ETA. They can even tell you the battery SOC. Mine was 50.6% while at the factory yard. The mileage too and that's important. If it's at about 3.5 kms, then your car is at the factory yard. If it's at about 11 kms, then your car was driven from the plant to the port and may be there or on the ship.

To get all this info, don't waste everyone's time with emails or phone calls. Vist your SA in person and have your order number ready. Visit when they are NOT BUSY. Maybe 20 minutes after they open or such. Find a SA that is not busy with customers. Younger ones seem especially enthusiastic and helpful. Also, don't fret if your car is not on the first ship. It could be on either the first or second ship for no apparent reason. The second ship will come real soon after the first. I know many of you are bursting with excitement as you should be. Hopefully this will help. Good luck.
Awesome thanks for sharing your experience and information!

Reactions: 404 Not Found
Woops. Fat fingered that reply above.

Meant to say that I came across this thread and went through the rollercoaster with you all on deliveries.

My OD is Jan 10 (first thing in the morning when the 2024 was announced in North America).
Stealth Grey(not gray because this model 3 immigrating to Canada and will spell grey the proper Canadian way ;),
LR
18" Photon
Black Interior.
Got my VIN last week via online/app SA.
EDD is March 14-28 like many of you. So hoping mine is on this first ship that's already dropped off.
I'm in SW Ontario.

I'll be curious to hear when folks starting having their late march edds translated into delivery dates and I'll post back as soon as there are any changes for me.

Why do many few that Shanghai is better than Fremont?
As far as insurance $70 per month including replacement cost for 5 years covering depreciation.
Getting anxious for delivery.

Dan
The people who prepare and deliver our cars will always tell you the Shanghai cars are the good ones. Owners generally call them flawless. That said, the Fremont cars now seem very good. I would take either one.

Reactions: sethsodyssey