Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is interesting that he lease companies have not changed the punitive measures on electric cars.
They still measure it on miles driven - ie a free per mile if you go over the allotted miles in your contract.

surely in electric cars the miles driven is not as important as the state of the battery?

I suppose this will change over time

Reactions: beeej
It's going to change though isn't it. It makes sense for an ICE drivetrain with so much complexity and moving parts, but maybe not a modern BEV platform. On the flip side, battery longevity is not an issue with ICE...

The number of miles a car has done will still be relevant surely? Having a car at the moment with over 130k miles on it, there are different things that are starting to wear as the car corrodes in our salty environment. Steering, suspension, bearings, hubs etc are all present on EVs too and eventually will need maintenance just as an ICE car.

Since I tend to keep cars a long time, I will be expecting to have these maintenance bills too as it gets older. Hopefully these bills won’t involve new battery or motor!

I have leased it with Drive Electric. Have not seen many exact figures in the forum. Does £498pm for a M3 MSM Std+ 18inch aero with 10000 free miles charging through EDF energy, sounds pricey to anyone. I have already signed the lease so at this point will not be able to go back though. One more thing regarding the referral code, the agent at the company said you will be able to add it later through the Tesla account, however now that i have Tesla account i can see that he probably was not speaking the truth and I might have missed the chance to earn 1000 free supercharger miles. :(

If you speak to a Tesla salesperson they should be able to add the code even after you order. They were kind enough to do it for me last month.

Goodluck

apparently OctopusEV recieved a batch of dates for collection recently in advance from Tesla for vehicles OctopusEV had ordered. I was told this last week from OctopusEV and confirmed today from mytesla account.

I am sure many more will be getting confirmation for week of 16-20 Sep . keep an eye on your mytesla account