Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve seen a few articles mentioning an internal Tesla company memo that leasing may be coming in the near future, possibly as soon as a few weeks from now but with no specific date commitment. I was wondering if anyone is on the fence about buying an M3 and may be waiting for the lease numbers to come out before making a decision.

We bought an M3 LR RWD in December, and now that we’ve had it a few months, my Lexus is really feeling old and tired. I generally don’t like car leasing because we keep cars for a long time but I don’t think I want to own two of the current generation M3s with the technology changing so quickly, so I thought leasing a second one might be a good idea.

I’m going to take a wild guess on the numbers based on the Model S lease figures and say that it will be something around $6,000 down payment and $600 per month. Without the $3,750 tax credit that Tesla will benefit from I’m thinking the monthly payment would have been $700 per month but hopefully they will pass on the tax savings in the form of a reduced monthly payment.

I don’t drive more than 10,000 miles per year so that won’t concern me. Is there anything else I should be aware of?
Will Tesla allow you to do a one-pay?
Would save you a few grand in finance charges if they do.

Thank you. So only few weeks left, then it will be the same IRS credit....
After today announcement of the $35K SR M3, the Bolt deal (or any non-Tesla for this range of price) don't seems too great anymore.

What a difference a day makes! Bolt sales were already anemic before the Tesla $35K announcement. This certainly won’t help. I agree the Bolt no longer seems like such a great deal compared to the $35K or even $37K Tesla.

What a difference a day makes! Bolt sales were already anemic before the Tesla $35K announcement. This certainly won’t help.

I agree the Bolt no longer seems like such a great deal compared to the $35K or even $37K Tesla.
Let see, the base Bolt has leather seats, while the base Model 3 has cloth seats... /s