Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose sentry mode keeps the cigarette lighter on permanently.

The cigarette lighter ( accessory ) and all USB ports now stay on indefinitely. EVEN with sentry mode turned off.

hmmmm….

"Sentry mode off" should turn the USB ports off after the car locks. It doesn't anymore.
I sure hope they fix this soon. Don’t want to have to unplug my Qi charger every time I get out of the car.

Reactions: Garlan Garner
It was mentioned in post 821. I had come to the same conclusion weeks ago. It may be completely irrelevant, but I have some passing familiarity with GDPR and Infosec, and I can't see what else (public facing cameras) in Sentry mode would prevent US software with it being implemented as-is in Europe. (That is, why create version 25 vs 15?)

You?

Anyone else know if running public recording dashcams all the time in Europe is an issue?

I believe some countries have specific laws making dash cams problematic (Austria?), which would also make Sentry mode problematic, but sentry mode is not processing privacy-sensitive data for a business entity, clearly falling into personal use, and so is as far as I can tell not regulated by GDPR unless Tesla is processing the data remotely somehow.

In any case (unless my latter point is true), neither sentry mode or Teslacam should put Tesla on the hook; it would rather be the driver violating local privacy/surveillance laws, which is not their problem.

I believe it is.

My tesla wall charger used to start up just to maintain the accessories I was using, now it actually charges the battery.
My 3 with the partially installed 2019.5.15 is doing the same thing (until I let it sleep). This is nuts, since the instant it wakes up, it will slip down from Full to Full-1 and start charging. Has to be a bug...

I believe some countries have specific laws making dash cams problematic (Austria?), which would also make Sentry mode problematic, but sentry mode is not processing privacy-sensitive data for a business entity, clearly falling into personal use, and so is as far as I can tell not regulated by GDPR unless Tesla is processing the data remotely somehow.

In any case (unless my latter point is true), neither sentry mode or Teslacam should put Tesla on the hook; it would rather be the driver violating local privacy/surveillance laws, which is not their problem.
I get what you are saying but then what’s the point of the .25 version for Europe they’ve had for what over a week?

Been too busy to try to talk to Tesla (and not sure who to talk to) about the corrupted, mostly left repeater, camera footage on my USB flashdrive. Might be time for a service visit to fix if its the camera.

I noted this a few pages ago, but this issue only occurs from me if the car isn't moving or there isnt an object moving in frame. It seems intentional to me.

Charged to 100% on my LR RWD car last night. Didn't time it right, so it came out to 99%, but it was 307 miles.

Very strange how the range improvements are different across the board...

Same here, I’m not seeing any range increase on my June 2018 LR RWD. Before the update a 100% charge got me to 305 miles. I’ll be arriving home tomorrow below 15% and will retest then.

For reference my car has about 13k miles on it and when new charged to 313 the first time. I wonder if outside temp has anything to do with this? It is still cold where I’m at...

I believe it is.

My tesla wall charger used to start up just to maintain the accessories I was using, now it actually charges the battery.
Well this would be weird.

The car started to charge at 11:00pm (Charging schedule is activated) and went from 74% to 75% in 5 minutes. Then later around 4:00AM it also started to charge again for 5 minutes. It doesn't make sense to have 2 charging events in in the span of 5 hours.

I noted this a few pages ago, but this issue only occurs from me if the car isn't moving or there isnt an object moving in frame. It seems intentional to me.
Sounds like they are just writing 0 byte files instead of flat out recording (writing) what it sees even if there is no movement. Maybe they are doing that to save space? Or because they don't know how to just not write a file at all from a repeater that seems no motion in frame.

Same here, I’m not seeing any range increase on my June 2018 LR RWD. Before the update a 100% charge got me to 305 miles. I’ll be arriving home tomorrow below 15% and will retest then.

For reference my car has about 13k miles on it and when new charged to 313 the first time. I wonder if outside temp has anything to do with this? It is still cold where I’m at...

Yea, I need to run it down a bit more than normal and see if it recalibrates. I ended around 60% last night before charging to 100%.

Sounds like they are just writing 0 byte files instead of flat out recording (writing) what it sees even if there is no movement. Maybe they are doing that to save space? Or because they don't know how to just not write a file at all from a repeater that seems no motion in frame.

Possibly. In every example from my car, the distortion only occurs in 'dead space' where pavement is. It stops almost exactly where the rear curb is and displays everything else on the horizon normally, even if there isn't any discernible motion.

Possibly. In every example from my car, the distortion only occurs in 'dead space' where pavement is. It stops almost exactly where the rear curb is and displays everything else on the horizon normally, even if there isn't any discernible motion.
This is with Sentry right? I'll have to try it out (just reinstalled USB in new car haven't even saved any footage yet).

This is with Sentry right? I'll have to try it out (just reinstalled USB in new car haven't even saved any footage yet).

any clips from the side repeaters show distortion when the car is stationary for me. For manually saved 'dashcam' clips, the distortion goes away as soon as the car starts moving. For sentry clips, the distortion goes away if there is motion in that area of the frame.

Got 2019.5.15 yesterday. Looks to be a really good update. But kinda weird that my release notes were so incomplete. My release notes just talked about Dog Mode and Auto folding for mirrors based on location. My previous update, 2018. 50 just mentioned the cold weather update. But I checked and I also got Sentry Mode, blind spot chime and presumably the changes to Nav on AP too. Someone on facebook mentioned to me that the release notes only mention features when they are first introduced so if you happen to skip over the update that introduces the new features, the releases notes won't mention them. That makes sense but I still wish the release notes would be more complete.

Got 2019.5.15 yesterday. Looks to be a really good update. But kinda weird that my release notes were so incomplete. My release notes just talked about Dog Mode and Auto folding for mirrors based on location. My previous update, 2018. 50 just mentioned the cold weather update. But I checked and I also got Sentry Mode, blind spot chime and presumably the changes to Nav on AP too. Someone on facebook mentioned to me that the release notes only mention features when they are first introduced so if you happen to skip over the update that introduces the new features, the releases notes won't mention them. That makes sense but I still wish the release notes would be more complete.

Yeah that’s not it. Older released features will always show even if you skipped a release. I think they just accidentally attached Model S/X release notes to this update.