Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S 2015 rear wheel 20x10 ET43 wont fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

adix

Apr 23, 2022
Finland
Hello!

For the summer i was going to use the wheels from my old car but they wont seem to fit in the rear.

The rear wheels i have are 20x10 ET43 with 275/30r20 tires.

The wheel is touching the plastic parts on the inside, seems to be too wide.
Is it okay to cut some of that plastic?
I also tried buying spacers 15mm to make them fit but the studs are too short.
I would love to use these vertini wheels that were really expensive and have no real second hand value. Is there anything i can do? Has anyone successfully cut away plastic from the rear to make their wheels fit? Or put longer studs with spacers? What ET shoild i be aiming for? I can probably fit 5mm spacer to make the ET 38 but will that help even?

Oh and i also already installed the tire pressure sensors on these wheels thinking they would fit without problems, as i see other people running 10.5 inc wide with ET 35. But i guess its different for an older car?

My 20x10.5 wheels are ET 42 and that would not clear unless I put on a 6mm spacer making it ET 36. I also had to zip tie the wheel well liner in order for it to not touch the wheel.

Did you find a solution?
Can you tell me your front offsets? And which rim brand / design? I’m looking into something with a concave effect myself, and the requirement of an ABE (for German TÜV).

Can you tell me your front offsets? And which rim brand / design? I’m looking into something with a concave effect myself, and the requirement of an ABE (for German TÜV).
Vossen HF3 Satin Black
20x9 - 225/35/20 - ET 35
2x10.5 - 255/30/20 - ET 36

I will be putting on spacers to get a lip to fender fitment as well as lowering.

You can get better specs than this, but I bought these for a bargain used so I have to work with what I have.

Inspiration: 2017 Tesla S 75D with 20x10 Rohana Rfx11 and Nankang 255x35 on Stock Suspension | 2024179 | Fitment Industries

bSpS8V3.jpg