Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been refreshing the Tesla inventory site to see if my exact configuration shows up locally. So far it's just in the bay area, but I'm not keen to driving 6 hours north.

Same for me, but I'm not keen on driving 6 hours south to SoCal to get the one current inventory car in all California that matches my config. You'd think they could do a better job matching inventory to current orders.

MYLR order update
Another data point for those waiting:

Ordered MSLR ultra red/19"/cream/steering wheel on February 5, 2024.
Received my VIN today, new estimated delivery March 7-14.
VIN confirms 2024 model year.
Wow. I ordered that EXACT config Dec 1 (see sig below) and still have no VIN. And as far as I can tell, there isn't one in inventory anywhere in all of Texas. Maybe I should move to FL.

I originally ordered a Plaid+ but refused to switch to a Plaid. In fact, I don't need/want the tri-motor. What I'd really like is a LR+ with 500+ mile range. But Elon hasn't called me yet to ask my opinion.

Now that there's a lot more SCs in the network, a LR will work for my 1,000+ mile road trips.
The reality is they never had the capability to produce a car with that range. They still don’t have the batteries to do it, though their competitors probably could.

• Disagree
Reactions: de Vere
The reality is they never had the capability to produce a car with that range. They still don’t have the batteries to do it, though their competitors probably could.
Agreed. I was hopeful that the Plaid+ would use the new "magical" power of the 4680 cells - that we're sort-of still waiting for all the claimed improvements.

It will be interesting to see if the new Roadster lives up to the announcement specs. (Doubtful at this point.)

Reactions: aerodyne