Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model X camera issue help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2017 Tesla Model X 75d with AP2.5, Canada, equipped with cameras on both sides.
Issues encountered:
1. The back camera goes black when engaging reverse, and rebooting or reinstalling the software doesn't help.
(Tried to reboot with unplugging all usbs, leave it overnight) and it’s fifth day for this situation this time.
2. The dashcam doesn't record.
3. After Sentry mode records, the USB drive cannot be accessed.
Since it's out of warranty, unsure if third-party extended insurance covers the camera part. Diagnostic fees are over $110/hour. Wondering if upgrading to MCU2 is a better option now, or if there's another solution for the camera.

(Another question: if I upgrade from eap to fsd, will mcu be upgraded with purchasing fsd for 2750? Since we need to pay $1500 to upgrade hardware to subscribe fsd which is $99/month, I’m not sure what’s the upgrade for this one is, is same to MCU?)

Thanks.