Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,

My 2021 MYLR was rear-ended at low speed yesterday (hit and run) causing damage to the lift gate and lower plastic bumper by the tow hitch. I don’t think there is any quarter panel damage.

Any ideas ballpark on cost to repair if it’s even possible? There’s a local certified collision shop I plan on visiting for an estimate but thought I’d get some real world numbers first before walking in the door.

Thanks,
Jon

Attachments

• 20C149C4-9DF3-4927-BFCE-437E09D2B935.jpeg
    20C149C4-9DF3-4927-BFCE-437E09D2B935.jpeg
    659.5 KB · Views: 202
All you will get is wild and useless guesses from a forum providing misguided expectations. Just take it in and I strongly suggest seeing if the rear cameras captured the drive off to actually catch the accountable driver.
Thanks, makes sense.

I have a pretty big disk attached which seems to have only captured my discussions with the Delaware State Police 45 mins after the collision.

I suppose it’s possible there’s more clips that have been marked for deletion, just not sure how I would get to them. I ran a deep scan with Data Rescue which brought back a million files all of which were not date/time stamped.

Any recommendations on a good way to recover older clips?

Thanks again up front for any help on this side of things!

Upvote 0
Hi guys,

I got an estimate from an approved Tesla collision shop ($6500) but it looks like parts are on backorder with no ETA. Has anyone had this experience lately? Understood supply chain is problematic (still) and the company probably wants to use all available parts for new builds, but is there any capacity for repairs?

My 2021 MYLR is totally drivable, just wanted to see if anyone had an idea if I’d be waiting for weeks or months on parts at this point in 2023.

Thanks again,
Jon

Upvote 0
Update:

Car was repaired by Prestige Collision in northern NJ. They did an amazing job. Here are some moments from the highlight reel:

• They offered drop off / pick up at their Paramus location, steps away from Hertz where I rented a M3LR
  • Email updates every step of the way
  • No hassle estimate while working with State Farm (ended up being ~ $8500)

The only stress in the process was the parts backorder with no ETA, but once past that it all went great.

Happy to recommend this shop to folks who are going through the collision repair journey.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0