Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New user with Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted on the delivery page as well , just picked up my S60 from Inventory with Enhanced autopilot.

I've had the car for 2 days now, but see absolutely no indication of Autopilot anywhere on the car, when I ask someone about it they say I am supposed to get an update for it and its still rolling out, yet I see articles everywhere that say as of Jan 21 all HW2 cars have autopilot rolled out.

Am I missing something?

The other question is on the automatic wipers. Mine are not automatic, in position one or two. They just keep going. Position one is slow, position two is faster, but irregardless of whether its raining or not, it just works at the same rate ,even on a dry windshield.

Car info page shows Firmware 8.0 fwiw

Tesla support (3 different folks) have given me three different answers. One said the auto wipers have to be "turned on" when its raining and "turned off" when its not. Not sure whats automatic about them...
The other said just wait a few weeks, the camera's have to calibrate and you will then get an update that will fix both AP and the wipers
The last one said take it to service center.

Can anyone please help a newbie out and give a definitive answer on these, its a bit disheartening to not be able to get a straightforward answer directly from the company that just sold you a brand new car.

Yeah, that version only has autopilot in shadow mode. Once you get 17.3.15 or later, you'll have TACC and Autosteer limited to 45 mph.

And thats being rolled out...slowly? I am curious why a factory delivered new car would not have the latest updates installed during delivery prep. Might have to do with the AP shadow mode needing a certain number of miles/data before i can get the update? or am I overthinking this :)

Thanks though for the info, so I guess one of the three support folks knew what they were talking about

Tesla does not do manual updates when delivering cars. All cars get over the air (LTE/wifi) updates. However a service center can do a manual update for you. If you live near a service center then call and make a point of them doing it. It can be done.

Last edited:
And thats being rolled out...slowly? I am curious why a factory delivered new car would not have the latest updates installed during delivery prep. Might have to do with the AP shadow mode needing a certain number of miles/data before i can get the update? or am I overthinking this :)

Thanks though for the info, so I guess one of the three support folks knew what they were talking about

I have a feeling Tesla doesn't want new user to start using the autopilot just yet. They want to make sure you get used to the car first. When I first got my car, the cameras also needed to be adjusted so it takes time to read and learn the roads.