Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of beta visits

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visited the Dania Beach store this morning. At present production is partly assembly line (body panels) and partly by hand (mostly interiors). Expect RC with test drives in April. For Sig holders, hope is that production will lead to deliveries BEFORE July 1st, with all current 85kwh reservations filled in 2012. Production should be at 20 units per day soon after start-up. Outside mirrors are power retractable. Dania store will move to Lincoln Mall this spring. Current location will be service, with limited sales capability. Tampa store is projected this year as well.

Attachments

• DSCN0027.JPG
    DSCN0027.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 220
  • DSCN0028.JPG
    DSCN0028.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0030.JPG
    DSCN0030.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 197
Last edited:
...with all current 85kw reservations filled in 2012.

Just curious. As far as I know, the only things depositors have chosen so far is sig or not -- so how could they know who is currently going for 85k pack? It's unlikely, but if 90% of deposit holders went for that pack, would they ramp up production to make them all in 2012?

Just curious. As far as I know, the only things depositors have chosen so far is sig or not -- so how could they know who is currently going for 85k pack? It's unlikely, but if 90% of deposit holders went for that pack, would they ramp up production to make them all in 2012?

I would think they in formerly track what people tell them when they call. I have mentioned wanting the 85 KW pack.

This is the Model S UMC plugged in to a 220v box sitting on the floor. I didn't notice where the power source is originating. Sorry, my bad. The cable is thin, but the NEMA type plug is a big boxy black brick.

Visited the Dania Beach store this morning. Dania store will move to Lincoln Mall this spring. Current location will be service, with limited sales capability.
I was there Saturday for the first time and Sunday morning with the wife. She was really impressed with the Model S and she asked a lot of good questions. During our Sunday visit, I also found out that 11 Model S deposits were taken.

Last edited:
I was there Saturday for the first time and Sunday morning with the wife. She was really impressed with the Model S and she asked a lot of good questions. During our Sunday visit, I also found out that 11 Model S deposits were taken.
They may not like to release information but it's worth asking...

The next person that visits a Tesla store and hears a deposit count, perhaps follow with "what's the highest P reg number you've heard so far?"