Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Highland is "S Light"

I may use that one day.😁

One thing that should be noted is cars a built a few weeks to a month ago, might not compare to what is being shipped now.

Imagine you are on the Freemont line, and one in ten of your coworkers has been let go, with rumours of more to follow.

Would you be inclined to pick up that rivet you dropped, or align that right rear door? Imagine also what it must be like at the delivery center as well.

The Plaid's gearing is higher than previous performance Model Ss, so even at 200 mph the motor rpm is a little less than the older cars at 165 mph. The strength of the carbon sleeve will be needed for the Roadster's 250+ mph.

The other function of the carbon is to hold the outer parts of the rotor laminates on the rotor. The parts of the laminates that sit on top of the magnets are not attached to the central parts of the laminates. This allows a gap on either side of the magnets in the perimeter of the rotor. Tesla says these gaps increase the torque by 25 percent. Here's a Munro video that shows this.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
A year ago the vibration in my car was so «gentle» and disappeared after less than a minute. After som time the vibrations got worse amd after Even more time the car almost felt like it had a flat six under the hood😱
Tesla told me and everyone Else different story each time. Some SAID the vibrations were caused by the heatpump. If You put your heater on max in Norwegian wintertime the steering wheel will vibrate, but much much weaker than this drive shaft/du vibrations.
In March this year my car broke dpwn while driving and the HD to change front DU and driveshaft, suddenly ny car doesnt vibrator anymore. In my var the vinrations came from deiveshaft inside the drive unit?

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot