Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price and configuration changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Let's keep track of price and configurations. So far, Tesla increased the price late March as part of the general 3% increase.

Tesla raises Model Y prices by $1k, will raise inventory car prices April 2

I ordered before the increase and the original price seems to be locked in on my reservation page. I wonder if one could make configuration changes and still keep the lower price. Also, would a price cut be reflected in my reservation, or would cancelling and re-ordering be required?

The recent change for M3 where the price increases but autopilot is included for free has yet to affect the MY.

Tesla kills base $35,000 Model 3, increases prices, makes Autopilot standard

I guess we will see a lot of changes to price and configuration before delivery. My plan is to keep locking in the lowest price.

Daniel

Making changes to existing Model Y orders means you loose the old pricing. I removed the 7 Seat option from my Model Y order and it only reduced the price by $2,000. So the $1,000 price increase was factored in.

I haven’t tried calling Tesla about this but someone probably should to see if this is the intent.

Theoretically if the new Model 3 prices changes come to the Model Y, then any Model Y order that includes Autopilot should go down by $1,000, and any order that includes a custom paint color should go down by $500.

But until we see the new pricing adjustments on the Model Y configuration page for new orders I doubt we’ll see it on existing ones.