Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase agreement credit reimbursement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I bought my MY on Feb 28th . I wrongly assumed the sales tax would be paid at the time of buying and left some(actually a lot) additional cushion in my financing. The taxes had to be paid later so the money was unused .

Long story short , Tesla now owes me $5.2k reimbursement, and they said a check will be mailed out in 6-8 weeks . It’s been 8 weeks but no signs of the check coming . I called the customer care multiple times and they have not been useful. Anybody in a similar situation? What was your experience and when did your reimbursement come ? How should I escalate this problem ?

Had to get reimbursed for a screw up with tags. Took me from July to October to get the check. Be persistent, ask when you should get the check, and follow up that day if you don't get it, continue to do so. Eventually you will get it. There is also dispute resolutions as well....but I would try the normal route first. Not an attorney.

Upvote 0