Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey all, I purchased my model 3 sr+ approximately a year ago been loving it since
At that time they had the option package for autopilot separate from purchase of the car
At the time I didn’t have the extra funds to pay 4000$+ for autopilot as the car was 55000+ and diecided I’d purchase after
Year later and prices for autopilot changed a bit
Was wondering if you guys think by any chance autopilot price will change anytime in the future?
Possibly lowering it because fsd is becoming more predominant for the future?
Let me know what you guys think
Thanks

My SR+ is also 1 year old, I missed out on the free Auto Pilot trial back then. Currently Auto Pilot is $3000.00, I am waiting for it to drop to $2000.00 before I buy it. Elon mention he would give us Pre-April 2019 a break soon on Twitter. For me $3000 is too steep so if he doesn’t bring it down to $2000, I won’t buy it.

Fred

My SR+ is also 1 year old, I missed out on the free Auto Pilot trial back then. Currently Auto Pilot is $3000.00, I am waiting for it to drop to $2000.00 before I buy it. Elon mention he would give us Pre-April 2019 a break soon on Twitter. For me $3000 is too steep so if he doesn’t bring it down to $2000, I won’t buy it.

Fred

Really? Wow I didn’t know that
Your telling me lol
Over here it’s 4480 with taxes for autopilot alone
9200 for fsd without the added 1000 they are talking about, over here 1000+ probably with the currency difference
When did he mention this?

DB558A8F-C824-4E14-AB6A-56703D7F5869.png

$1300 CAD was worth the wait because you did not miss much with all the Phantom braking

Did a bit more research looks like Somthing going on with fsd and autopilot package possibly a deal if brought together or something..

Ya I’m glad I waited now I can put that 1300$ into Somthing else

What exactly is Phantom braking?
Have they fixed this or made it any better with updates?