Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real world 22" wheel Wh/mile.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw this question posted on the facebook X Owners Club and thought it would be good to gather some data here too.

So far it seems that Tesla's estimation of 10% - 15% is pretty spot on. Unfortunately.

Anyway, it would be good to put some numbers to this. Please post your relevant configuration (P90DL, P90D, 90D, 75D), and any other information that you feel is pertinent.

Thanks!

Saw this question posted on the facebook X Owners Club and thought it would be good to gather some data here too.

So far it seems that Tesla's estimation of 10% - 15% is pretty spot on. Unfortunately.

Anyway, it would be good to put some numbers to this. Please post your relevant configuration (P90DL, P90D, 90D, 75D), and any other information that you feel is pertinent.

Thanks!
90D here on 22s. Lifetime (almost 3,000 miles) is 380 Wh/mile

Reactions: goneskiian
Isn't there more to the equation than just wheel size though that could impact the findings? Variables such as driving style, ambient temperatures, elevation changes, windspeed, highway vs. city driving and could be more that I can't think of.

I am sure there is no doubt the 22" wheels will cause some range decrease, but need to filter out the other noise to truly determine what the impact is.

image.jpeg
P90DL

Isn't there more to the equation than just wheel size though that could impact the findings? Variables such as driving style, ambient temperatures, elevation changes, windspeed, highway vs. city driving and could be more that I can't think of.

I am sure there is no doubt the 22" wheels will cause some range decrease, but need to filter out the other noise to truly determine what the impact is.
Of course, but with enough folks from enough areas and driving styles providing data that noise is minimized. Then again, it would probably take many more data points than there are X's out driving around. So far it seems like the estimate provided by Tesla is pretty accurate.

Thanks!

90D on 22s. So far ~2,500mi @ 391 Wh/mile

Reactions: goneskiian