Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Seat Pin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
Wondering if anyone can educate me on why this pin is located on the back of the driver side rear seat besides it also lowering the middle seat. I would like to be able to just fold down the rear driver side seat leaving he middle seat up. Can this pin be removed? Am I missing another important reason why this is here?

Thank you

Rear Seat Pin.png

You can put one seat down behind the front passenger, or 2 seats down behind the driver. All my recent cars have had the 2:1 split, they just alternate which seats were the double and which was the single.

What is special in the MY is that you can put just the centre section down. This is a game changer for me since I have 2 front facing car seats installed in the backseat and I can still take a long, thinnish, load (like an IKEA dresser in its flat pack) home without uninstalling the seats (I had left the kids at home just in case I had to!)

The other advantage to the centre drop is that it effectively allows the 'double seat down' to be on either side of the back seat. This is something my previous cars did not offer.

The pin is a danger if you have the middle seat down so a dog can move back and forth between the trunk and the back seat, or if you are worried about scratching something you are sliding into that space but one tip is to put a tennis ball or piece of pool noodle over it to help protect things.

Reactions: CapsEngineer