Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

RGB Ambient Lighting project for Palladium Model S - lets do it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everything is done, and even more than I planned, adding footwell lights.
As mentioned up-thread, I had a b**ch-and-a-half with the center console. The fit was so tight that it was nearly impossible. I did it, without adhesive of course, but it did not come out as perfect and straight as I would like. I am going to leave with it for now, until someone here gives me an idea on how to make it better. For today and this weekend, I am totally cooked. Going to spend the rest of the evening making cocktails. Well, maybe a drive first to enjoy it.

Reactions: Bull
It really IS a labour of love. I have been delayed due to the temperatures for working in my garage and anxious to get back into it. So for control you wired PIN 16 to the + on the control side of the SSR and PIN 4 to the - side ? This is the way I am going.

Related to another thread on electrical operation of the screens (and will post a photo when done) on the small snap off panel above the charging tray, I mounted two rocker switches that articulate the screen IN and OUT and today I will add another ON/OFF switch that will wire in series with the ODB/control + wire to manually allow me to turn off the ambient lights if I want to.

Yes, pin 16 is + and 4 is ground, and wired to the SSR like that. Just make sure the load/LEDs are on the correct side of the SSR. Mine was labeled backwards. No big deal if you do, only the LEDs will be on without the control activated.

I am definitely adding a rocker switch. Great idea! While I had the screen off, I tilted it way towards me. I am not going to do the motor thing, as I am okay leaving it this way (and too worn out). I consider the screen mainly for me, and if my wife wants to channel surf, etc, she can suffer through it.
Thinking the switch, I guess it does not matter whether we attach it to the OBD or the main power, right?