Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Alarm

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Flashing lights with audible bell is signal to you that the alarm has been just activated, the honk of the horn when the fbb is pressed a second time is the confirmation that the alarm has already been activated (which I believe the lights also flash). The alarm is also set and activated via the lock button inside the Roadster was well as OVMS.

Flashing lights with audible bell......
@wiztecy thank you. Now I don't need to keep pressing the lock button twice all the time (unless I want to confirm that I locked it)! Of note, for my car, with the first press only the lights flash; there is no beep. I presume if you could lock the car without the key fob the alarm would not set since the user manual says alarm only sets with the key fob.

The only way to lock the car without the key fob is to use the lock button on the drivers door, which only works with the door shut. You would have to reach thru the window or top from the outside to lock it without the alarm. I'm not sure how you would "accidentally" open the door with the alarm on, as the outside door button is deactivated with the alarm armed. You would have to reach in the car and use the inside door handle to open the door.