Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
👍

Yep, all clear, thanks.

I guess this means EOD or Monday for our chance for a pre-P&D spike, or one right after if market doesn't hate the numbers. I imagine all the near-term hedges unwinding and +P being closed your post(even if not all of them) can add fuel to a run too.

I remember you saying once that bull runs are more anxiety provoking for you than bear attacks. I totally get it now.

The -450C is 1/2025?
yes 1/2025.

Reactions: Jim Holder
@Yoona I wonder if it's this:

1711640394751.png

Or this spread

1711640297171.png

1711640324101.png

No, just no.

Mod, pls purge everything from 05:07 AM till now, other than possibly the new lowering of EPS guidance on TSLA.

Y'all wanted to talk about other stocks too. NVDA, MSCI, AAPL. Then DJT qualifies as well :p

But it's a dangerous one, because it can quickly become political. The last few posts about DJT got very close to meeting the mod hammer.
To be clear, my “No, just NO” was not meant to be political in any way, it was meant to say “pls dear friend, don’t go down the path with THIS one” but is due pretty much only to the HIGH volatility, possibility more than anything for a 2-3 sd event, black swan or other exogenous type of event. I’ve said the same thing about other stocks where the OWNERSHIP concentration is so skewed, here one owner having more than 50% of the outstanding shares, and might possibly go higher. One is putting a lot of faith in the MARKETS and system, at this point its very low float, and high VOLUME, and also in the derivatives and IMHO is being gamed more than just about anything at this point. So, RISK very very high, reward there, but IMHO not worth the risk in any way.

PPl can do what they want for sure, but when they ask I’m going to respond. The carry is crazy, the derivatives are thus priced accordingly and crazy. All of the holders are retail AND the one whale owner (that’s a financial technical term, NOT a political one) and all of the market makers are SHORT..

It could go to $20 or $150 in a day or week, and without a 100% proper hedge - you're dead.

Last edited:
Short it to hell, mate!
I figure its a penny stock that just hasn't caught up with that.

The market seems to agree with me. At least when I looked yesterday a max dte $20 strike put costs $10. Paying $10 for a position with a max value of $20, simplistically, sounds like the market is thinking 50/50 the company is bankrupt in 2 years. I also noticed that a large move upwards didn't change the cost of that $20 put.

Ah well

• Informative
Reactions: Cobos and UncaNed
$DJT has crazy high IV for the moment following IPO, I'm eyeing up a calendar diagonal jan 2025 +p50 @$36 / April 5th -p65 @$12

Yes, the IV on the LEAPS is pretty crazy, but the weeklies it's higher, and unlikely to settle down too soon... I would expect the SP to drop hard once Donald dumps stock to pay his legal bills, plus the links to the US elections likely to keep the stock volatile
It is also possible Elon is buying $DJT to keep it afloat. May be that was the deal when they met. That way Elon can consolidate X & DJT and merge them at some point. That has implication for $TSLA.

but is due pretty much only to the HIGH volatility

Just looked up - next week ATM IV is at an incredible 200% !!!

@~$1.70 that means you need some serious volume to make it worth the effort. Does it eat a lot of maintenance req.?

View attachment 1033022

Here's at 100x:

View attachment 1033024
It’s an interesting play, LOTS of time and in theory by next week say sub $147 even for a tiny bit one could take it off for ~ 80-85% return.. That 54% IV would be much higher of course… and with that much time surely SOMETHING is going to happen, but not mooning to ATH by Jan ‘25 is nearly certain.

Bold prediction 👀

“Next week 180-220 is 💯IMO. You do your DD. Check passive buyers lot of them.
"MM removed all call side OI's they are building on put side. They will sell these and take tape on reverse direction.

Next week will only be P&D where expectations are low ..
I don't think P&D will go into yearly guidance, FSD or Optimus ..? All save for onf Call and AI day ...
..So if Energy numbers are included in P&D will it cause a spike?

Can it cross 200 .. my Jan 25 250 CCs are asking ;)

Reactions: DaBooster