Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
GEX locus for tomorrow's expiry is $180
(Purple shows weight/distribution)

1714661371937.png

Survey says
Not likely.

Quick crowd source question:
Anyone know if it’s true that ppl ordering CT literally 1-2 months ago are receiving confirmed VIN for delivery now? Anyone here have that experience? I’m not sure WHEN exactly @BornToFly put their order in, but it was most likely YEARS ago.
Depends on what you mean by order. Reservations were placed years ago, but orders not until recently

I would guess that a large majority of reservation holders are waiting to be able to order what they reserved, rather than the founder's edition or whatever it is called.
Although the pricing for tri-motor + fsd reservation (is what I have) will not be close to what was offered. Seems the founder series closely aligns with that build... the price point changed.

I would guess that a large majority of reservation holders are waiting to be able to order what they reserved, rather than the founder's edition or whatever it is called.
100% this.

I have two reservations for the CyberTruck and for sure I will use one of them. I am waiting for 6 seater configuration or one that is under 80K non founder's edition. We already have two Teslas (Y & S) so I'm not in a hurry especially the share price is so low with higher interest. Like BTF said Tesla will sell millions of CTs in the years to come.

Looking for a bigger pop today to sell some CCs for next week. These will be my first set since a week before earnings. Looks like the price action will be some what a long this range unless we get some big news again.

Reactions: WattsHappening
Survey says
Not likely.

Anyone know if it’s true that ppl ordering CT literally 1-2 months ago are receiving confirmed VIN for delivery now? Anyone here have that experience? I’m not sure WHEN exactly @BornToFly put their order in, but it was most likely YEARS ago.
You are confusing the term Reservation and Order. People who Reserved 4 years ago are being invited to turn their Reservation into a Foundation Order. Once you turn it into an order, delivery should be under 3 months. Someone reserving today will probably wait 2-4 years.

Survey says
Not likely.

I have a tri-motor CT reservation (placed in 2018). Was given two opportunities to convert it to a Foundation Series order (shareholder's preference and referral credits). Didn't bite on either of those, since I'm waiting to see if they'll drop their price down to what was originally offered. I imagine that if anyone wants to pay 6-figures for the cyberbeast/foundation-series, then they'll get to jump the line (much like how model 3 performance buyers could jump the line in front of model 3 LR/SR reservationists back in 2017). I imagine I'm not the only one who knows of Tesla's Tango, so whenever Tesla starts delivering their non-foundation series CT or starts lowering the price of the tri-motor, THAT is the indicator that they're working through the backlog. For now, don't worry about CT demand, since it's still there, just not at the current price point.

I have a tri-motor CT reservation (placed in 2018). Was given two opportunities to convert it to a Foundation Series order (shareholder's preference and referral credits). Didn't bite on either of those, since I'm waiting to see if they'll drop their price down to what was originally offered. I imagine that if anyone wants to pay 6-figures for the cyberbeast/foundation-series, then they'll get to jump the line (much like how model 3 performance buyers could jump the line in front of model 3 LR/SR reservationists back in 2017). I imagine I'm not the only one who knows of Tesla's Tango, so whenever Tesla starts delivering their non-foundation series CT or starts lowering the price of the tri-motor, THAT is the indicator that they're working through the backlog. For now, don't worry about CT demand, since it's still there, just not at the current price point.
I think there is plenty of demand at the current price point. I don't see Foundation going away until 2025 at the earliest. My neighbor (who has pickups and a Ferrari) test drove my CT last night. He was BLOWN AWAY. He punched it getting on the highway and we all had vertigo. He instantly got over 110 mph (I was NOT happy). Coming back home he was swerving HARD going 35 mph and the truck was carving like a high performance sport sedan. He wouldn't stop raving about the squircle and steer by wire. After we got home I demoed the sound system. He is also a serious audiophile and was once again awestruck. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he has placed a reservation after that. No other truck comes close to what this truck is.