Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My AI is telling me ~ $935 for NVDA in short order. I’m going to look to sell more calls again if we get up there. It would take quite a lot to get us back under $800 in the NEAR term.
It did hit 815 earlier this week from the SMCI drop. Unless ER (5/22) is a dud it's hard to see it dropping hard since all of the semi are done for earning.

Guess it's now NVDA chance to hold up the Market ;)

Holding cheapo NVDA 940C for next week and reserving ammo for the TSLA retracement and pump.

Interesting nugget in this NEW video from the Tesla board, about Elon being “required to hold shares for 5 years after exercising the options.”

(What shares did he dump into the market for the bird?)

1714771245990.png

Interesting nugget in this NEW video from the Tesla board, about Elon being “required to hold shares for 5 years after exercising the options.”

View attachment 1044153

Yup that was always a thing. When he exercises he has to hold for five years (excluding the sale of shares to cover taxes I believe) he received shares prior to the 2018 option package which is what he had previously used for margin loans and stock sales in 2022

Reactions: Jim Holder
True but I thought @thenewguy1979 had contracts for next week not earnings week.
True, got a single C for next week. Aiming to offload during early bounce not expecting 940+ in 1 shot, but will see.

Cheap call spreads will come in handy 1-2 weeks out from ER.

Take profit as they appear and not wait wait wait...................then lost. Yoona and the team hammered this into my tiny head ;)

Reactions: tivoboy

View attachment 1044153

Elon has a lot of shares that he can sell - from before this 56B reward. The board looks so ridiculous now trying to sell this reward when thousands are being laid off, SuperCharger team being gutted and even interns slated to work in summer not welcome anymore. What a horrible PR nightmare.

Scrubbed out of surgery briefly 15 minutes before market close. Opened new 202.5CCs for next week for 0.3
CCs for today expired worthless.
Hoping to add additional CCs Monday or Tuesday on any strength.

It was fun to check Sentry videos on the CT when I was leaving the hospital. The best was three boys with their dad, running up to the truck with huge smiles and looking into all the windows. It brings much joy to the world.

Scrubbed out of surgery briefly 15 minutes before market close. Opened new 202.5CCs for next week for 0.3

It was fun to check Sentry videos on the CT when I was leaving the hospital. The best was three boys with their dad, running up to the truck with huge smiles and looking into all the windows. It brings much joy to the world.
I opened 200 CC. Sticking with ~$20 OTM.

In other news, saw my first CT in the wild !

IMO don't feed the trolls or take the bait :cool:
Or, more important, I like what Mark Twain said many, many years ago...
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”.

Whether people have good or bad opinions, or are thought of as trolls because of their negativity, there is always that someone that thinks they need to stand up and make sarcastic and downgrading remarks to every single comment they deem Offensive or wrong to them. There are some, like @Knightshade who have thoughtful and fact based responses who are just trying to keep people honest with facts, and others that just feel the need to try and have a verbal fight. This entire forum of many threads has an ignore button, just use it if you don’t like what they have to say, or, don’t say anything and move on. Don’t think you (the royal you) needs to defend every single comment.
There are two other sayings/quotes that I Like “if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all”. This quote is from Charles Caleb Colton. And, finally,
“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt” from Mark Twain.

Last edited:

Can’t wait to have mine

Since someone just drove right in my new Model Y. Will just give it to my oldest son and drive the cybertruck instead.

Elon has a lot of shares that he can sell - from before this 56B reward. The board looks so ridiculous now trying to sell this reward when thousands are being laid off, SuperCharger team being gutted and even interns slated to work in summer not welcome anymore. What a horrible PR nightmare.
I thought people were complaining that Elon haven't been working at Tesla the last few months. Well...now he's working at Tesla. Canning people has always been his forte.

Seriously though, layoffs have always been a way to bring value to shareholders as most appreciate a lean running company. You can have the opposite problem like Lucid, who actually needed a twitter size 80% layoff like a year ago given the amounts of money they burn. Now that company has about zero chance of surviving on it's own.

I thought people were complaining that Elon haven't been working at Tesla the last few months. Well...now he's working at Tesla. Canning people has always been his forte.

Seriously though, layoffs have always been a way to bring value to shareholders as most appreciate a lean running company. You can have the opposite problem like Lucid, who actually needed a twitter size 80% layoff like a year ago given the amounts of money they burn. Now that company has about zero chance of surviving on its own.
I’m with @EVNow on this, optics are dreadful. Where was the BoD when Elon was posting stock-selling polls on Twitter prior to dumping on the open market without any consideration, crashing our portfolios, cancelling my retirement?

Of course his brother was so “lucky” to have offloaded $120million just the day before, how fortunate was that?!

What were they doing while Elon was awol the last couple of years while the company bloated out, projects went behind schedule, got delayed, etc?

What do they actually do? I think they are a total waste of time

I’m with @EVNow on this, optics are dreadful. Where was the BoD when Elon was posting stock-selling polls on Twitter prior to dumping on the open market without any consideration, crashing our portfolios, cancelling my retirement?

Of course his brother was so “lucky” to have offloaded $120million just the day before, how fortunate was that?!

What were they doing while Elon was awol the last couple of years while the company bloated out, projects went behind schedule, got delayed, etc?

What do they actually do? I think they are a total waste of time
Elon's stock sales dropped the stock from 409 to 383 on Monday, and recovered to 391 on Tuesday. The stock would recover to 396 Jan 4th, 2 months later. You had plenty of time so don't be pawning off your lack of accountability to someone else due to greed...unless your retirement had to be 409 exactly. ...lol.

Also your early retirement was only a thing because of Elon. Tesla could be dead or just be dead money if Elon didn't fight to open Tesla during covid. Disneyland was closed for almost 2 years, same could of happened to Tesla. I remember Elon ate a lot of L trying to get Tesla open. People still talk about his "covid predictions" today, and it was the start of all his bridge burning with the Dems.

Last edited: