Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Service Issue question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just traded my M3 for a new Y Performance. Got home and went to charge the Y on the mobile charger and got a warning that connection insert not secueing and charging would be slow. Takes like 7 hrs to charge to 80%… called service and don’t have an appointment until Feb 11th. Question does Tesla give a loaner under these circumstances? Seems to be an internal connection issue.

Just traded my M3 for a new Y Performance. Got home and went to charge the Y on the mobile charger and got a warning that connection insert not secueing and charging would be slow. Takes like 7 hrs to charge to 80%… called service and don’t have an appointment until Feb 11th. Question does Tesla give a loaner under these circumstances? Seems to be an internal connection issue.

"Connection is not secure and charging will be slow" doesnt sound like an issue with the car to me. The usual issue with this is, the existing charger has a piece broken off in it, preventing a good connection to any car but the one that it was charging with before.

Like what is seen in this thread here (check the pictures and discussion in this thread below).

(

"Connection is not secure and charging will be slow" doesnt sound like an issue with the car to me. The usual issue with this is, the existing charger has a piece broken off in it, preventing a good connection to any car but the one that it was charging with before.

Like what is seen in this thread here (check the pictures and discussion in this thread below).

(
Thx for the response….just received a new mobile charger and you were right; everything works!