Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Slacker streaming with premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a used 2018 Model S P100D and subscribed to premium connectivity (yearly plan). However, I'm not getting access to any music streaming. When I open the page, it asks for a Slacker username and password; there is a "use vehicle account" button, but it's grayed out.

My 2013 Model S with premium connectivity (lifetime) has always had Slacker streaming, without any additional account.

I've seen recommendations to try rebooting the computer, which I've done with no change. But then I found this on the Tesla website, which implies Slacker isn't part of premium connectivity. Has something changed?

streaming.png

This has happened to me randomly the last few weeks - listening to music on the drive out, and then when I get in for the drive home it tells me to log into Slacker and I can’t get any streaming at all. I fiddled with random attempts and finally the streaming options came back. I have never had a Slacker account, But I do have premium connectivity.

This has happened to me randomly the last few weeks - listening to music on the drive out, and then when I get in for the drive home it tells me to log into Slacker and I can’t get any streaming at all. I fiddled with random attempts and finally the streaming options came back. I have never had a Slacker account, But I do have premium connectivity.
Thanks. I'm hoping it will just start working.

Otherwise, since there's no way to contact Tesla to ask them a question, I'll have to schedule a service appointment...at the service center that's 3 hours away. (Hopefully that triggers some sort of review that will head off the need to physically take the car in.)

Well, I found there is a Tesla customer service number; they just don't put it on their website. With some Googling, it's 888-518-3752.

The person said it can take a week after purchasing premium connectivity to provision Slacker. I'm now at day 4 since purchase, so I'll give it some time.