Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX investor's thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad I was able to get in :) More than likely next block will be higher. They told me they have sub 13k shares left might dump some more in with current valuation.

That's still available with only a $25K minimum and relatively good terms for fees? That is surprising...you'd think all of the many Tesla investors on twitter who love Spacex would be jumping all over this.

Hate to even mention it, but are you sure they are legit?

That's still available with only a $25K minimum and relatively good terms for fees? That is surprising...you'd think all of the many Tesla investors on twitter who love Spacex would be jumping all over this.

Hate to even mention it, but are you sure they are legit?
Yes it's still available as of a couple of days ago.

Also yes, I had an attorney review all paperwork (was around 100-150 pages in total) and everything checked out in that regard. It's held in series segregated SEC registered fund so my concerns were alleviated a lot by that. A lot of folks I feel just simply aren't aware of companies offering it or think it might be out of reach.

This company has a revolving access to it. I think I mentioned I waited a while to pull the trigger and each block was going up and up so I just decided to go ahead with it. Seems they have around 1-2 month turnaround time between blocks.

Also yes, I had an attorney review all paperwork (was around 100-150 pages in total) and everything checked out in that regard. It's held in series segregated SEC registered fund so my concerns were alleviated a lot by that. A lot of folks I feel just simply aren't aware of companies offering it or think it might be out of reach.

Awesome, good on you for doing your homework and glad it's legit. I've seen other people mention wiring money to someone and literally say "i'm not sure if I even own the shares or not" which was a bit concerning haha

It must be the lack of awareness, were you contacted by them/an acquaintance or did you find them on your own? Not looking to buy myself but curious if you can discuss how you found each other :)

Reactions: Cosmacelf
Awesome, good on you for doing your homework and glad it's legit. I've seen other people mention wiring money to someone and literally say "i'm not sure if I even own the shares or not" which was a bit concerning haha

It must be the lack of awareness, were you contacted by them/an acquaintance or did you find them on your own? Not looking to buy myself but curious if you can discuss how you found each other :)
Yeah I browsed this forum a lot and no disrespect to some people but it seems people had blinders on and were a little reckless.

I was referred by someone who I was casual a acquaintance with. Vetted them and a couple others and eventually chose them since the non-managerial fee and valuation were the most attractive. Also my contact there is super reachable and sends me updates fairly regularly with updates/news.

Did you invest too? I think if they do a 2025-2026 IPO I don't think it's unrealistic for Starlink to be at 300-500 billion.
I invested into a couple of rounds last year. My original pretty conservative thesis was that Starlink would spin off and at least provide my initial capital back and I'd just retain my private shares of SpaceX for the duration.

Your numbers are certainly possible if they continue to grow like they are without having service issues. The T-Mobile partnership is huge in supporting a larger valuation.

Reactions: Spacejunkie
Why do you think Elon has sold TSLA shares instead of SpaceX shares through private placement to front run the funding of the TWTR purchase? Wants to keep >50%? Sees longer term potential in SpaceX valuation than TSLA? Other?
SpaceX is valued at $127B from last funding round ($250 million in August).
When he last sold, Elon was sitting on $136B, not counting his unexecuted 2018 CEO options.
Less loss of control and easier to sell.

Reactions: traxila
I heard Elon say in many recent interviews that although SpaceX could go public right now, he doesn't want it to. He thinks if the company is public then it would be hard to get things accomplished and they would never reach their main goal because of all the investor bullshit. Keeping it private, they are able to do what they want when they want.

ok, so that was post #3, but ... try reading Neville Shute's book Slide Rule where he compares the development of the R100 and R101. One was publicly funded and one privately funded. Each had their own advantages and disadvantages

• Informative
Reactions: petit_bateau
Elon tweeted out 'False' to this story, FWIW. It says a new round of funding will value SpaceX at $150B.

Yeah, Elon needs his own personal Twitter bot that just replies to “news” articles with “false”.

SpaceX just got another $1.1B contract from NASA, I’m sure they are doing fine.

In Baron Funds Quarterly Report they note SpaceX value dropped 10% in the previous quarter.
Maybe Elon did sell some.
He sold in a down round??? I just don’t see that happening. Can you link to the report? Normally private company valuations are very much estimated numbers. So if a financing round hadn’t happened for a while, the accountants might have estimated the value to be 10% lower since the public stock growth market is down a lot more than 10%. It is more than likely just an accounting thing.

Reactions: EinSV and Nocturnal