Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Avenel, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Tesla did a major supercharger map update recently and Avenel, NJ is now marked as a Q3 2022 location. Any ideas as to where?

For those local to the area there’s a very recently done parking lot that looks very over engineered for what it is at Abson Imports on Rt27 (May technically be Rahway but these Tesla location markers are always a bit off it seems). There’s also a relatively recent Wawa right there on 27 as well.

It looks like Tesla did a major supercharger map update recently and Avenel, NJ is now marked as a Q3 2022 location. Any ideas as to where?

For those local to the area there’s a very recently done parking lot that looks very over engineered for what it is at Abson Imports on Rt27 (May technically be Rahway but these Tesla location markers are always a bit off it seems). There’s also a relatively recent Wawa right there on 27 as well.
My guess would be the WaWa.

I passed by this one today. It's exactly here. An attendant said that the equipment has been installed for over two months now. The charging cabinets are still covered, and the site is not powered.

Attachments

• avenel_supercharger.jpg
    avenel_supercharger.jpg
    889.8 KB · Views: 389
Wow great find! Was hoping it’d be the rt27 Wawa location but that works too in an emergency for me. Guess they’re targeting folks driving north on Rt1 more so than capturing parkway traffic since it’s a bit too far west for that, with exit 137’s supercharger coming on line any minute now.

Any idea how this gets listed on supercharger.info? Would think the pic is enough for a construction update tag but not sure. Good find in any case!

Drove through the place to check it out yesterday. 12 stalls, five being used. The stalls are on the verge between US 1 N and the gas station pull through. The building for the WaWa is a bit further up and has its own parking spots, so ICEing doesn’t seem that likely. Not a lot of food options around other than the WaWa, which doesn’t have seating, although there’s some kind of smoothie place a little south of the WaWa.

Really easy to find and get in/out of, though.