Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bossier City, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weekly update... I stopped by on my way home from lunch today. It appears all wiring has been run and the site has been cleaned up. Wiring spools, temporary fencing, etc. have all been removed. As of about an hour or so ago, the meters have not been installed.
Hello! I might need to make a trip over to Benton area this weekend from Dallas and curious if anyone has any updates.

I went by today per your request, the situation is “status quo”.

Attachments

• IMG_7208.jpeg
    IMG_7208.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7207.jpeg
    IMG_7207.jpeg
    507.5 KB · Views: 7
I drove through the parking lot today and there were a couple guys working, pumping water out of a hole they had dug alongside one of the pedestals. I asked when the chargers would be turned on and the response I got was, "Who the f*** knows!"
In a nutshell: when the pedestals were installed the workers damaged the shopping center's irrigation system. Repairs were supposedly made at that time (obviously not); these guys were there fixing the leak(s). He told me it took four days of pumping to get rid of all the water, so I'm thinking this was not a small leak. I asked about the overall project completion timeline and he referred to the project manager, saying he was told they would be turned on within the next two months.
There was, apparently, problems from the start of this installation. I guess that is evidenced by this project now being over a year old. He also mentioned a wiring problem - either the wrong wire or not enough wire was initially on site.
I will keep checking on it once or twice a week, but based on what I was told today, no one should plan on using these chargers until the end of June or into July at the earliest.

A couple SWEPCO (power company) employees were on site today working on the meter box next to the large transformer; I saw them when I drove by so pulled in and talked to them. They were not installing the meter. They told me the contractor still had more work to do in the transformer and they would be back to add the meter after that work was done. Didn't have a timeline but suspected it wouldn't be too long.