Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - 1111 Metropolitan Avenue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible start of construction on top deck
20220629_201629.jpg
20220629_201437.jpg
20220629_201416.jpg

New Supercharger now posted under:

Supercharger - Charlotte, NC - Providence Rd​

Last edited:
I stopped by the Target parking deck this evening on the way home from work and found... no sign of construction (on any floor). They did have a gate up to stop you from driving up to the top level, so my hopes rose. Then, I parked on Level 4 and walked up the stairs. Top level had nothing. I could look across to the top level of the Trader Joe's parking deck, but I didn't see any obvious sign of construction there, either. Did not bother to drive all the levels of the Trader Joe's deck.

If this is the site of the new Charlotte supercharger listed on the Tesla Find Us page, I doubt it's done by the end of Q3 2022, like the Target opening says.

I was assuming that the pin on the Find Us map for Matthews, NC, was the Providence Road site, but your idea makes more sense.

Also, the Matthews pin has a target opening of Q2 2023, so I guess that will be located at a yet-to-be-found site.
Matthews is where the Tesla service center currently is and also the future home of the new Tesla collision center a mile away. My assumption was there would a new SuC accessible to the public there next year, but that is just a guess.

I stopped by this afternoon and search every level of the Metropolitan (Trader's Joe) parking deck. The movable barriers that @CorynNC 's picture shows have been replaced by a chain. When I walked up the very top, the neon green construction cones are still at the far end.

Alas, no sign of any progress since those pictures 5 months ago.

I also went up the Target deck, just in case the permit address is false lead, but no sign of anything there, either.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidAsheville