Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Encinitas, CA - Encinitas Blvd (under construction Oct 2023, 8 V3 stalls and service center)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So went by there around 1pm. Dead as a doornail. Site might as well be abandoned.
Yeah, I go by somewhat regularly, it hasn't changed recently from what I can tell except for the Supercharger getting it's transformer installed.

It's been at least month since there's been any significant changes that I can recall, if not longer.

If Tesla for some crazy reason decides to not open this location, I think that will hurt sales in the area. Not a good look to abruptly change growth plans.

Yeah, I go by somewhat regularly, it hasn't changed recently from what I can tell except for the Supercharger getting it's transformer installed.

It's been at least month since there's been any significant changes that I can recall, if not longer.

If Tesla for some crazy reason decides to not open this location, I think that will hurt sales in the area. Not a good look to abruptly change growth plans.
I know. Sigh. Elon seems to think that there will always been more customers regardless of Teslas image. I’m not going to outright criticize him since he’s the one running a giant successful corporation but geez sometimes I gotta wonder.

I really do hope they eventually open it - tons of Teslas in the area, lots of traffic on this road and splits the difference in distance between Carlsbad and San Diego locations.

I think the next area to look for for a service center would be further south in the San Diego or Chula Vista area. Could see one in the Poway area, too.

I could be imagining things, but I passed by over the weekend and noticed quite a few boxes in what I believe will be the sales area, that I don't believe were there in weeks past.

Could be a sign that they are still planning on opening this location (eventually). I mean, if nothing else, they should open up the Supercharger since it looks ready to go.

I could be imagining things, but I passed by over the weekend and noticed quite a few boxes in what I believe will be the sales area, that I don't believe were there in weeks past.

Could be a sign that they are still planning on opening this location (eventually). I mean, if nothing else, they should open up the Supercharger since it looks ready to go.
Yes, the supercharger has been ready to go (it seems) since SDG&E installed the transformer April 28th, but that was about the same time the Supercharger team got canned, so probably collateral damage there. So maybe 40 days late and counting on the site opening.

I did notice a huge new temporary storage box in the same parking lot as the bottom 6 superchargers last week, so maybe they are finalizing the sales/service center which has been seemingly dormant for a couple of months.