Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Lowell, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday there was only 11 stations and we know it is supposed to have 12 which they added today. I believe it had 12 before this work so not sure what happened.
A little unusual to see this happen like this as an apparent afterthought. It's usually part of a site plan and all done during the original build routinely. I was looking at previous site photos and I think I only saw 11 posts in each image that I could clearly count.

Encouraging news.
Stopped by and s/w the crew today. The work yesterday and today was to remove the 12th charging station and pour a new cement pedestal that is handicap accessible. Expect to finished wiring the new station today. Today they also ran some wiring from the new National Grid pole in the back corner of the parking lot to the supercharger area. However, they are still waiting on the transformer. I asked him if thought the supercharger could be operational within weeks vs. months and he hedged a little but said that is possible. Wild car as always is National Grid but he seemed positive. 1 year anniversary of when they started working on the supercharger location just passed according to him with a laugh. Since I drive by pretty much every day I'll post any updates.

Encouraging news.
Stopped by and s/w the crew today. The work yesterday and today was to remove the 12th charging station and pour a new cement pedestal that is handicap accessible. Expect to finished wiring the new station today. Today they also ran some wiring from the new National Grid pole in the back corner of the parking lot to the supercharger area. However, they are still waiting on the transformer. I asked him if thought the supercharger could be operational within weeks vs. months and he hedged a little but said that is possible. Wild car as always is National Grid but he seemed positive. 1 year anniversary of when they started working on the supercharger location just passed according to him with a laugh. Since I drive by pretty much every day I'll post any updates.
Good info - the fact that they were running the primary lines from the pole to pad means they were able to complete the primary conduit connection to the pole (something that was still outstanding last time I visited just after NG had put the poles in place). I agree completely the transformer delivery is the wildcard and due to the history of this project, that could either be quick or months. It does sound like most remaining work by the contractor is about done at this point.

More stuff happening today. Looks like National Grid is in attendance.

Attachments

• 17176837759503491774254795860332.jpg
    17176837759503491774254795860332.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 3