Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger team sacked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't dispute that but they are claiming it was because she was a woman. A woman he presumably hired and put in that role in the first place.
I am not saying he is not a misogynist but there appears zero evidence that her being a woman was a factor here.
well it depends what you really want to see here.

In my view - it just states that she said something he did not like :/

well it depends what you really want to see here.

In my view - it just states that she said something he did not like :/
I don't think the sex of the employee had anything to do with it, or you'd absolutely hope not. Apparently she reported into Drew who was fired earlier so possible Elon didn't hire her or have to speak to her all that often.

The $500m he claims for Supercharger expansions is also being reported that it's around 77% I think it was less than what they'd be spending to keep up with the rate of expansion they've done up to this point. So seems the slower expansion rate Elon originally tweeted is accurate and his follow on tweet that mentions what sounds like a lot of money to most of us isn't nearly enough money to keep growing at the same pace.

Reactions: mspohr
FWIW American settled in the UK here - executive of a multinational semiconductor company. Lots of cyclical redundancies in my business unfortunately.
Sounds like a horrendous way to live your life! As someone who’s only ever experienced employment in the NHS, the concept of even performance management is alien to most of my peers, redundancies is pretty much unheard off!!!

Sounds like a horrendous way to live your life! As someone who’s only ever experienced employment in the NHS, the concept of even performance management is alien to most of my peers, redundancies is pretty much unheard off!!!
Some hate performance management, but done well it’s often a motivator for the average or better performer. I imagine you’ve come across some who you’d gladly see the back of as not everybody in any organisation, especially the size of the NHS, are going to be doing a good let alone great job. You need to find and fire those without the average hard working person feeling threatened, and those that are doing a good job won’t feel like they’re carrying the deadwood.