Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tyngsborough, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More info about development in this strip mall in addition to Tavern on the Square. By the looks of some of the site plans I would guess they are going to tear down some of those strip mall buildings although they will rebuild on a similar general footprint.

More info about development in this strip mall in addition to Tavern on the Square. By the looks of some of the site plans I would guess they are going to tear down some of those strip mall buildings although they will rebuild on a similar general footprint.

Interesting - the developer is also behind The Point in Littleton, MA, which also has a fairly recently installed SC.

Just did my share :) Will be interesting to see where this thread leads.... I assume mostly high density areas will make the cut due to higher likelihood of likes. But Tesla certainly has the opportunity of gathering a lot of suggestions to feed to their site development teams.

Yesterday stalls 1A-1D were down (and so marked on the in-car nav). The charging cables were looped over the top for 1B-1D. I charged successfully at 2B.

Surprising to see 4 of the stalls knocked out on such a new installation - except, something similar happened at the new Lexington SC as well. There it was 4 of 8 that were knocked out, and it took a while before Tesla was able to repair them.

Yesterday stalls 1A-1D were down (and so marked on the in-car nav). The charging cables were looped over the top for 1B-1D. I charged successfully at 2B.

Surprising to see 4 of the stalls knocked out on such a new installation - except, something similar happened at the new Lexington SC as well. There it was 4 of 8 that were knocked out, and it took a while before Tesla was able to repair them.

It's a cabinet failure. Not surprising to have early failures. Waterville, ME has also had one of the cabinets not working from the start.

It's a cabinet failure. Not surprising to have early failures. Waterville, ME has also had one of the cabinets not working from the start.

As an observer, I guess I'm not surprised. (I didn't know about Waterville.) As a stakeholder, I'm surprised that Tesla would make a $100Ks investment in a new site and immediately have a significant percentage of it knocked out - repeatedly. That's a quality control problem worth addressing.

Reactions: Tdreamer
In general, at least from an outsider vs. someone inside Tesla with access to actual data, superchargers seem to be very reliable. There do seem to have been a few cases where V3 sites have had some failures recently as noted above. I believe Lexington's outage was attributed to a fan/cooling component failure with supply chain issues leading to an extended downtime. The Waterville issue appear seems likely to have been a problem found during commissioning. Hard to say if that was a DOA cabinet or some issue with how it was installed needing the contractor to return to the site to effect repairs. Tyngsborough - could be something like Lexington but who knows and we'll likely never know.

Reactions: dfwatt
In general, at least from an outsider vs. someone inside Tesla with access to actual data, superchargers seem to be very reliable. There do seem to have been a few cases where V3 sites have had some failures recently as noted above. I believe Lexington's outage was attributed to a fan/cooling component failure with supply chain issues leading to an extended downtime. The Waterville issue appear seems likely to have been a problem found during commissioning. Hard to say if that was a DOA cabinet or some issue with how it was installed needing the contractor to return to the site to effect repairs. Tyngsborough - could be something like Lexington but who knows and we'll likely never know.
Yes people seem to not really have the big picture here sometimes with all the complaining. And for sure it is frustrating to get in and find out that a stall is out of commission. Despite all that we've never had more than about a 2-minute wait for a Supercharger in 4 years. Obviously folks in California have to endure longer waits. While supercharger stalls are something like 99.9% up and running, the competition is in the 60s and 70s. It's not really much of a competition in that sense.

Reactions: PStewart

I got shut out of Lexington SC this morning headed north. Tyngsborough showed on the in-car nav with a wrench - "Reduced service" - and the navigation freaked out when I added it to my route: "Closed Supercharger on your route!" I decided to roll the dice since "Reduced Service" probably meant the 4 stalls down that I had posted about earlier... and indeed, I successfully charged (using an open stall) at up to 148 kW which is pretty good for my car. I was able to stay on my route, which was good because I had a tight schedule.

And this is why I make posts like the above. Not to complain, but because more information allows better decision-making. Yes, there's a side-helping of speculation - but this is a forum about where superchargers will be located and when they will open, speculation is deep in the bones here.

Tavern In The Square coming along!

Attachments

• C21A7203-B403-4B13-8D61-96D4B5E7E8EB.jpeg
    C21A7203-B403-4B13-8D61-96D4B5E7E8EB.jpeg
    429.6 KB · Views: 92