Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check-ins for 2024-05-06
- Jackson, MI (#3008)
- Marshall - W Michigan Ave, MI (#3009)
- Mishawaka - Grape Rd, IN (#3010)
- Munster, IN (#3011)
- Bradley, IL (#3012)
- Pontiac, IL (#3013)
- Joliet, IL (#3014)
- Manitowoc, WI (#3015)

A fairly uneventful day. Allowed myself to take some non-supercharger breaks for the first time in a long time, but I still covered a lot of ground. Weather was nice, avoided most of the Chicago area traffic, and the one hour time change worked in my favor. Trying to dodge the rain that dgp mentioned tomorrow. I think most of it will pass as I sleep, but I'll probably have some off and on showers for my first drive tomorrow (Plover, WI to Black River Falls, WI).

A fairly uneventful day. Allowed myself to take some non-supercharger breaks for the first time in a long time, but I still covered a lot of ground. Weather was nice, avoided most of the Chicago area traffic, and the one hour time change worked in my favor. Trying to dodge the rain that dgp mentioned tomorrow. I think most of it will pass as I sleep, but I'll probably have some off and on showers for my first drive tomorrow (Plover, WI to Black River Falls, WI).
How about some summaries and impressions of all these SC locations and performance over the years? What's the worst and best experience, the best and worst SC locations, etc?

Best has to still be Kettleman City until the Drive In Theater one opens in Santa Monica
Worst is just down the road, Buttonwillow - Cal Club Rd, CA, it's supposed to only be for race days, like the Laguna Seca one, but it's right off the freeway so people can use it but it's got no resources and lots of gravel. Maybe as bad is Bakersfield - Copus Rd, CA

My worst experience was Mt. Shasta, the entire mall refusing to allow us to use the restrooms
Best experience was Estes Park, CO, it's this beautiful facility in an amazing mountain top country club setting, I saw a moose driving in and during my 10 minute charge a giant lightning storm dumped rain and hail on me ending JUST as the change ended, dreamy!

My worst experience was Mt. Shasta, the entire mall refusing to allow us to use the restrooms
I've charged at Mt. Shasta multiple times a year over the last nine years and have never had an issue, in fact it's one of our favorite stops. The grocery store, Burger King, Best Western where the old original 4 stall supercharger is.

Have you done any whitewater in ABS canoes?
Oof on all those scratches and worse. In some ways, I think I still rent so that scraping a rock isn't a big deal. I feel like if I do that in a canoe I own, it'll hurt me physically. And no, I haven't been brave enough to try whitewater in a canoe. Most of the time I'm up there, my kid's in the boat with me, and I'd rather not dump him into a river.

The grocery store, Burger King, Best Western where the old original 4 stall supercharger is.
Yeah, but if you don't know you have to go to the grocery store and you just stop at each establishment and have them tell you to go away it takes a LONG time to get to the end where the grocery store is. If I had gone across the street to BK that would have worked, but I didn't know, if I had gone counter-clock wise around the parking lot I would have hit the BW, but sadly we go to the closest store first.

I CAN'T be the first one to complain about those jerks who will take our business but won't let us do our business. At least TELL US where we can go.

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
Yeah, but if you don't know you have to go to the grocery store and you just stop at each establishment and have them tell you to go away it takes a LONG time to get to the end where the grocery store is. If I had gone across the street to BK that would have worked, but I didn't know, if I had gone counter-clock wise around the parking lot I would have hit the BW, but sadly we go to the closest store first.

I CAN'T be the first one to complain about those jerks who will take our business but won't let us do our business. At least TELL US where we can go.
Sounds like a good reason not to wear clothing with the Tesla logo. Otherwise, unless you watch you walk from your car to the grocery store, how do they know you aren't an arriving customer with a small problem to solve first

• Funny
Reactions: swaltner and NKYTA

I typically enter the business establishment where the chargers are (unless it’s a fast food joint, etc) and say
‘Thanks for supporting the SCs. Do you have a restroom I can use? Most times I get lucky.
If it’s a hotel, ya, we just walk in.
There’s just so many SCs in places where it’s not a problem, so the few that suck, well…

Side story-
When we were in ___ TX the hotel we stayed at had a sign @ the front desk that had the Tesla logo and said to ‘check in at the front desk if you’d like breakfast while charging’ They charged about $5 IIRC. Thought it was neat.

Reactions: juliusa and NKYTA
Best has to still be Kettleman City until the Drive In Theater one opens in Santa Monica
Worst is just down the road, Buttonwillow - Cal Club Rd, CA, it's supposed to only be for race days, like the Laguna Seca one, but it's right off the freeway so people can use it but it's got no resources and lots of gravel. Maybe as bad is Bakersfield - Copus Rd, CA

Best experience was Estes Park, CO, it's this beautiful facility in an amazing mountain top country club setting, I saw a moose driving in and during my 10 minute charge a giant lightning storm dumped rain and hail on me ending JUST as the change ended, dreamy!
Totally agree with Estes Park, CO SC. 16 year-odd years later I imagine it still looks similar. Beautiful ride down the mountain! I think Loveland was the next stop.

The trick with Mt Shasta is to park and charge at the V2’s and walk across the street to the BW for relief.
If traveling solo, the bushes work for the males. As my bride said, just walk into the BW and say thanks for hosting the SC trail. “And oh, by the way, I know where the Men’s is”. We did stay one night, once, so I’m hoping that counts as full Karma. That was back when OG NKYTA had free supercharging. I imagine the next time will be billable 😥

Of late, I’m thanking more for working L2s, that haven’t fallen under the axe of the latest layoffs at TM. And available ones, given the hours we keep, showing up late at hotels.

Best for @theflyer and his condo sitch.

Best experience was Estes Park, CO, it's this beautiful facility in an amazing mountain top country club setting, I saw a moose driving in . . . .

The Stanley ROCKS!

1715136673702.png

;)

• Funny
Reactions: evp and israndy
Check-ins for 2024-05-07
- Black River Falls, WI (#3016)
- Owatonna, MN (#3017)
- Ames, IA (#3018)

Check-ins for 2024-05-08
- Norfolk, NE (#3019)

The "sleep through the rain" plan somewhat backfired when the rain actually woke me up about 2 hours before my alarm went off! Sounded pretty heavy, but no hail at least. Looks like I unwittingly dodged some very severe weather as places where I was a day earlier got hit with tornados. I believe I will be far enough north from here on to avoid any of that nonsense.

Got pulled over in Norfolk going 8 over on an empty road after midnight. Let off with a written warning. I guess the guy has some quota to fulfill to be sure he's actually doing something late at night? Kinda surprised that town had any patrols at all that late at night.

Ames to Norfolk was an exceedingly dull off-interstate drive made worse by the fact that it got dark on me as I left Ames. Many more dull drives ahead tomorrow as I will apparently spend 13 hours of driving without leaving Minnesota. Most of that driving will also be off-interstate.

There's a new Starbucks within reasonable walking distance in Mount Shasta now. I typically have gone to the Best Western in the past if I'm not a customer at one of the other businesses.

I typically enter the business establishment where the chargers are (unless it’s a fast food joint, etc) and say
‘Thanks for supporting the SCs. Do you have a restroom I can use? Most times I get lucky.
If it’s a hotel, ya, we just walk in.
It's definitely a situation where it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. In fact, I've never really had to ask for forgiveness, but rather just received some dirty looks on my way out the door. Still better than peeing outside in broad daylight :)

If I'm not going to be a customer anywhere, I still just hunt for the bathroom or ask where it is if I can't find it on my own (like in some grocery stores). At hotels, I just walk in and act like I know where I'm going even if I don't. If you dawdle around the lobby and are looking for signs, you are liable to get questioned by an employee. Better to avoid interaction altogether :)

It's definitely a situation where it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission. In fact, I've never really had to ask for forgiveness, but rather just received some dirty looks on my way out the door. Still better than peeing outside in broad daylight :)
Other than that hotel in far west Texas, I've never had a problem at a hotel. I politely ask where the bathroom is and they pint me in the right direction.
Of late, I’m thanking more for working L2s, that haven’t fallen under the axe of the latest layoffs at TM. And available ones, given the hours we keep, showing up late at hotels.

Best for @theflyer and his condo sitch.
I've talked with a number of sites that have this solution. Their chargers are still working, although Tesla has not communicated with them. Another condo got notice yesterday that the wall chargers were being shipped to them, which seems like circumstantial evidence that Tesla intends to support the program going forward. It could also be a case of the left hand not talking to the right hand.

We are proceeding with the make ready portion of the contract, and I am engaging other charging providers as a plan B.

What a mess.

Still better than peeing outside in broad daylight :)
Notice the large opening and a handle. I'm a big guy but apparently my bladder is smaller than a teenage girl saying she needs to pee every 30 min on a road trip. This makes life driving long distance so much easier. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.57.49 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-08 at 9.57.49 AM.png
    817.5 KB · Views: 2
Other than that hotel in far west Texas, I've never had a problem at a hotel. I politely ask where the bathroom is and they pint me in the right direction.

I've only charged at that hotel at the original Ozona site twice, but they were polite to me both times.

I read the back-story between my two visits, so I made a point of buying a candy bar from the lady behind the desk on my second visit. She seems very friendly, and we made some small talk, so maybe that whole brouhaha has petered out.

Reactions: theflyer