Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla can't find can't find the source of the problem new model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I drove a model 3 from 2019 till march 2023 and then bought a new Tesla model Y long range (made in factory Berlin) in April 2023 in The Netherlands. From the first day on every time the car is preconditioning for supercharging the car gets an error: Power Reduced, Dir_A126. The driving speed is then limited to 85km/h and regen braking is gone and accelerator pedal behaves not normall. Really scary. When I arrive at the supercharger and resume the trip after charging everything is back to normall but most off the time after a few km again the same error. When I park an lock the car, most off the time its gone then. With regular charging at home the error doesn't happen. Only when preparing for supercharging. I took my car to Tesla Servicecenter 3 times for this problem to be fixed with no result yet:

First time in April: diagnose and reset the car by Tesla SC with no result

Second time in May: Octovale replaced by Tesla SC with no result

Thirt time at Tesla SC: last week: supermanifold replaced with no result, then factory configuration cooling system adjusted according to Tesla engineering department with no result, and now they are planning to replace the body control module next week. The car is still at SC waiting for the part. So I'll have to wait another week and hope it's solved then. But I get the feeling Tesla are just guessing and have no clue.
I'm now driving a loaner model 3 from Tesla.

More people with this issue? Is it reasonable to ask for a different compensation or even get another new car or just wait?

@BIG266 Yes, as @Darkphantom was saying, this would depend on what similar consumer protection law you might have. The wording might be related to some number of service visits trying to fix the same problem, or it could be based on some total number of days that it was in for repair during the first year, or something like that. That is how the "lemon laws" in some of the U.S. states are written.

Upvote 0
It would start to get on my nerves if it went on this long, especially if I needed Supercharging on a regular basis. Since I think your options are going to be dependent on your local laws or Tesla's policies in your country, I'd recommend reposting this question in one of the region specific forums here.

I can't say I've heard this exact problem mentioned here before.

Reactions: Pianewman
Upvote 0
Hi,

I drove a model 3 from 2019 till march 2023 and then bought a new Tesla model Y long range (made in factory Berlin) in April 2023 in The Netherlands. From the first day on every time the car is preconditioning for supercharging the car gets an error: Power Reduced, Dir_A126. The driving speed is then limited to 85km/h and regen braking is gone and accelerator pedal behaves not normall. Really scary. When I arrive at the supercharger and resume the trip after charging everything is back to normall but most off the time after a few km again the same error. When I park an lock the car, most off the time its gone then. With regular charging at home the error doesn't happen. Only when preparing for supercharging. I took my car to Tesla Servicecenter 3 times for this problem to be fixed with no result yet:

First time in April: diagnose and reset the car by Tesla SC with no result

Second time in May: Octovale replaced by Tesla SC with no result

Thirt time at Tesla SC: last week: supermanifold replaced with no result, then factory configuration cooling system adjusted according to Tesla engineering department with no result, and now they are planning to replace the body control module next week. The car is still at SC waiting for the part. So I'll have to wait another week and hope it's solved then. But I get the feeling Tesla are just guessing and have no clue.
I'm now driving a loaner model 3 from Tesla.

More people with this issue? Is it reasonable to ask for a different compensation or even get another new car or just wait?
The SC should be arranging for a tesla engineer to help out via remote or in person diagnosis. This is what happened to me when the SC’s first two attempts didn’t work. after engineer got involved it took another 1.5 weeks to figure out by using equipment to diagnose various parts of the car. I was given a model s loaner to use.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I got my car back. Tesla SC replaced the BCM and that seems to be the problem. Acording to Tesla after some extensive testing it should be ok now. Tomorrow I will make a long drive and can experience it myself. I must say that the guys from this Tesla SC were really trying hard to solve the mysterious problem and checked every time if it worked or not. Good service.
I had a different experience with the fist (other location) SC, that replaced some parts but gave the car back without testing and that's really irritating when the problem is still there.

Upvote 0