Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tesla Model S Battery Extended Service Plans from 057 Technology

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Hmm... I'm not seeing any lifts. I do see a lot of towels that can be used as shop rags possibly.

If the new 057 won't tell me whether I have an active service plan then I want a prorated refund of my 2 year plan that started about 2.5 months ago.

If my battery fails towards the end of the plan period, that pro rated refund, when they may or may not respond/help me would be much smaller.

That's more generous on my part than asking for a full refund of something I bought that I don't know whether or not really exists. "New 057" has had a week to respond to me and much much longer to respond to others!

Mr. Hughes appears to be confirming above that one of the random LLCs that people dug up with "057" in their name while blindly stabbing around in the dark is in fact the "correct" New057 LLC, formed in Tennessee, called "057 Companies LLC".

That entity is helmed by a Mr. Keith Baker and is headquartered at 1572 Championship Blvd. in Franklin, TN.
Here's a shot of the new shop, maybe there's a lift around back:

View attachment 1008656

Looks like Mr. Baker is also the CEO of "Slidell Oil Company", whose website is currently a default Plesk page.

Maybe you could ask him on Facebook where to get support for your battery service plan? They also have a registered agent listed:

MILL CREEK LEGAL, PLLC
Agent Address:7209 HALEY INDUSTRIAL DR
STE 200
NOLENSVILLE, TN 37135-9673 USA

Someone registered http://057companies.com back in June and redirected it to the existing 057 tech website. DNS for this domain is provided by the same "wktel.com" name servers that serve the "old" 057tech and Jason's personal site.

Hopefully this helps someone get what they paid for.
That's it. Another sign Big Oil is getting in the way of EV adoption. :)

Purchase an existing EV repair business. Ignore it's previous customers, keep website live but radio silence, etc - thereby staining future EV adoption. Genius.

Last edited:
Some great investigative reporting! Gotta be self advocating with this mess. 057 sure isn't helping.
To be clear the LLC was posted by @MP3Mike, not me. Jason just vaguely confirmed it this morning by referencing his post and gaslighting me as the one spreading FUD and false information (how anyone could know these two entities are in fact entangled without his confirmation and/or blind luck by stabbing around at domain registrations is beyond me, and posting a bunch of detailed info about someone without some level of corroboration didn’t seem useful).

As you know, one difference with @Recell vs Tesla reman is warranty. Recell is 6 months with $2500 extra if you want 2yrs/25k miles. Tesla's reman has 4yrs/50k miles bundled in.

$10k USD - That seems to be the current market rate for an 85 kWh used/reman/salvage replacement pack that gives the owner a rated range of around 240 miles. Just the pack. Labor, taxes, and warranty (explained below) are extra.
You referenced Recell, but then part of this information is inaccurate. You stated that the 240 mile range pack costs $10K just for the physical part, but then said that labor costs extra. That's not true. Here is their page:

The 240 pack deal is $9,995 and says:
"Shipping and installation included"
That is including the labor to install it, and the cost of shipping the car to their shop. There is a note there that says it does not include return shipping, so people can either pick it up to drive home, or add payment for return shipping.

You referenced Recell, but then part of this information is inaccurate. You stated that the 240 mile range pack costs $10K just for the physical part, but then said that labor costs extra. That's not true. Here is their page:

That is including the labor to install it, and the cost of shipping the car to their shop. There is a note there that says it does not include return shipping, so people can either pick it up to drive home, or add payment for return shipping.
Screenshot_20230830_123128_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, other than the warranty aspect, recell seems like it is priced very well. The lower range packs for the 3 seem like a great way to keep an older vehicle going for a reasonable price.

Reactions: Rocky_H

My apologies if I wasn't clear. My post's reference to Recell was regarding $2500 for optional 2 year/25k miles warranty. The rest of my post was Tesla and 3rd party in general with no mention of Recell. In the future I will change my wording to "any applicable labor, taxes..."

To me, Recell has the best current business model for pack replacement for those wanting to get their car back on the road for less than, say at least 3 years, perhaps longer - lowest base price, free shipping one way, no sales tax for out of state owners, quick (2 day max in shop) turnaround, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have a great friend that works for Tesla and I'm doing the battery replacement through Tesla. The warranty, extra range (90kWh), and faster Supercharging speed will be a value add, for sure. I'm already transferring the lifetime Supercharging to my new Model X which I take delivery in a week or two.

I've started the process of filing a fraud claim against 057 Technologies with my CC company, which has been very helpful. For those that want to go through this process, it's best to get your invoice that shows "PAID" across in green, the Quickbooks receipt, and the TN business entity printout (attached).

A simple explanation of when you purchased the warranty and when you claimed the warranty with no contact back, should suffice.

Attachments

• FilingInfo.pdf
    85.4 KB · Views: 62

Note: Tesla will make an exception and honor your free Supercharging transfer request after the December 31, 2023 deadline if all of the following conditions are met:

• You are eligible for the free Supercharging transfer program and agreed to the program’s terms and conditions in writing by December 31, 2023.
  • You were provided with a delivery window in 2023 at the time you placed your order.
  • Your order is for an in-production vehicle available in North America.
  • Tesla did not have a vehicle with your exact configuration available for you to take delivery by December 31, 2023.

So exactly what I just said.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Note: Tesla will make an exception and honor your free Supercharging transfer request after the December 31, 2023 deadline if all of the following conditions are met:

• You are eligible for the free Supercharging transfer program and agreed to the program’s terms and conditions in writing by December 31, 2023.
  • You were provided with a delivery window in 2023 at the time you placed your order.
  • Your order is for an in-production vehicle available in North America.
  • Tesla did not have a vehicle with your exact configuration available for you to take delivery by December 31, 2023.

So exactly what I just said.
You're right. My apologies.

Reactions: sorka and Chris TX
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have a great friend that works for Tesla and I'm doing the battery replacement through Tesla. The warranty, extra range (90kWh), and faster Supercharging speed will be a value add, for sure. I'm already transferring the lifetime Supercharging to my new Model X which I take delivery in a week or two.

I've started the process of filing a fraud claim against 057 Technologies with my CC company, which has been very helpful. For those that want to go through this process, it's best to get your invoice that shows "PAID" across in green, the Quickbooks receipt, and the TN business entity printout (attached).

A simple explanation of when you purchased the warranty and when you claimed the warranty with no contact back, should suffice.
When did you purchase the service contract and asked for refund? I thought most CC companies cover fraudulent charges up to 120 days only. Does your CC company helping you to file charges against the owner or are they considering credit your account back after their investigations ?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Also, the Model 3/Y batteries are pretty useless for most things, given the form factor and voltages
Model 3/Y batteries can now be used for solar storage with HV inverters, thanks to this awesome open source project:

I build and sell controller kits that are pre-wired for Tesla batteries.