Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model S P85D on the dyno....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really understand that dyno graph. No rpm, just speed. If the gearing input is wrong, hp will be off. But if this is correct it means HP is way down, though instant torque is high but drops fast. Kind of seen on the Aventador video where the Model S clearly runs out of steam. Hopefully full power will be available through software updates later..

Last edited:
Hello there, long time and first time poster.

I think they measured only the rear motor horsepower, because some p85d owners have reported higher power numbers from both the instrument panel and energy consumption graphs.

Don't be sceptic, Matt :)

fiksegts knows what he's talking about. It measured on all 4 wheels.

Very impressive!

I did not see any data from the front motor, and the HP data was about right for the rear motor only. The Torque data was said to be "at the wheels," but the values are way too low for that. They may have divided by the reduction ratio to get rear motor torque, but does anyone outside of Tesla know the front motor reduction ratio?

GSP

But if measured at only the rears it should come out identical to a P85?
They measured the P85 at 415 hp, and the P85D at 413.

Attachments

• 27143-2015-Tesla-Model-S-Dyno.jpg
    27143-2015-Tesla-Model-S-Dyno.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 1,683
Then it's strange they came up with the 800+ Nm torque figure
864 lb·ft (1171 NM) actually. I.e. most likely ********. Wouldn't be the first time a S confused a dyno.
IIRC the corresponding figure for RWD P85 was 600 Nm something?
They didn't say, but official numbers are 443 lb·ft for the P85 and 687 lb·ft for the P85D.
So I think they are wrong either way.

OMG THAT SOUND!
!
!
!
I've been planning/saving for an S85D for next fall/winter, But that sound AND the fact that I thought he punched it, it was only slowly ramping up and THEN he punched it! (car lurches back like a rocket-ship)

Nearly broke my mouse clicking P85D option...

My preferred Tesla is as follows;

2015 Model S P85D | White
| Black Leather Recaro Seats | Black Alcantara Headliner | Piano Black | 19" Stock | Pano-Roof | Dual Charger's | Autopilot-Tech | Air Suspension | Ultra-High Sound | Subzero |

I understand running a P85D on 19" Wheel's won't allow me to access the full range of power like rigid 21" wheel's would, but Canadian Highways get a pounding throughout the year with frost-heaving and such. Pot-holes everywhere! I don't feel like spending $6000 every 2-3 months because our roads are in such terrible condition.

Do any of you have a P85D with 19's?
Does it have a lot of lurch when you turn?
Would you end up burning them off if you hit the accelerator too hard?
:tongue: