Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla parts/repair - 3 weeks and crickets...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the word I can pick up today after 1pm. Less than 3 weeks from drop off to pick up. Of course this is a Model S and they have been around longer than the 3 so parts SHOULD be more readily available. We had the same problems not too long ago.

I had nightmares all night last night that they botched the repair. :)

I will report back after I pick it up.

I have begun my journey into accident repair hell. Let's hope it's not 6 months. I'm waiting on the full list of parts needed today from the Tesla approved shop. I would guess at a minimum...I need front bumper, hood, both front fenders, rear bumper. I'll update the thread with times as we go.

wow so i finally got my model 3 back after 2 months of it being in the shop. i got so used to driving the model s loaner. it was weird having my model 3 back. bumper, front and rear fenders all replaced. perfect job, good alignment of parts. the only issue was they created curb rash on both the front and rear right side. Then they tried to say it was like that when i brought it in. Told them no it wasnt and now they said they will order me 1 new wheel. Tesla Repair Hell indeed. O and my ppf Wrap , they said they had a chemical reaction and they took off all of it. even the parts that didnt need repairing but they said they will compensate for that. we'll see.

I wanted to update my repair status from April 16th. It's over a month later. Still waiting on about 6 parts from Tesla. Once they deliver (best case, end of next week) the shop can work on finishing assembly and hoping everything works for programming and calibration. I'm still thinking the July 18th estimate on completion is going to end up being closer on the money than I ever thought possible.