Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With all of the instability going on in the world, does anyone think this current macro situation feels like (with the transition towards sustainability) we're living through an infusion (of EV and Renewables) as an upgrade on the "biological"/energy system we call society?

There's a lot going on and a lot of uncertainty, but there's an absolute ton of money supply, communication systems, and people on the planet too that seems to feel like a lot of positive course corrections are happening on the fly. Directionally, things seem great! Operationally, in a macro sense, things seem disturbingly off.

For someone like myself (and many on this forum) as heavy staunch advocate of sustainability to my family and friends for many years, I find myself having a radically different view than people that haven't been paying attention to climate change, renewables, and sustainability efforts.

Still feels like this

This makes me giggle...

"Volkswagen has announced that it will invest a total of $2 billion into Horizon Robotics, a Chinese computer chip and robotics."

You mean the market gets a short covering rally…..except for TSLA 🙄.

Even if they don’t break 200 here, you can be rest assured they’ll keep it right at the 52 week low until earnings and hope there’s something in the earnings that plummets the stock.

I think this is likely, up until we get a new influx of buyers into TSLA to overwhelm the MM's control.

Which, now that our credit rating is upgraded (with Moody's likely to follow) that influx could be happening within the next half year. Until that time I feel TSLA will be artificially suppressed, preventing us from a new ATH and keeping us within the $200-$330 range no matter how great the earnings are.

Eventually the wall will break, it's just a matter of time. However, it could be a long time....

Just now…
08C9B91E-EA7E-4335-B06D-9C7FD0DF4415.jpeg

Just worth pointing out that we are now 2 weeks into Q4, with no price cuts in China or anywhere else announced.

And even if price cuts are announced, due to Tesla's massive margins, there should be no fear of Tesla finding a sweet spot where demand fills their production capabilities for years into the future, while still maintaining good margins.

Re; Stock buybacks

I totally understand the argument that Tesla should be expanding, and growing the business as fast as possible with all of their cash mountain. However...this sounds way easier to do when sat behind a keyboard, than it does when you look at the real world effort of building factories/superchargers/service centers/etc...

Planning permission in ANY country takes time. Component orders take time. Shipping takes time. There are 3rd party constraints and timescales. For 99% of companies, their surplus cash doesn't ever arrive fast enough for this to ever be a problem, but for an already rapidly growing and super-cash positive company like Teslas, it can be.

My own company ahs sat on a seven figure sum for 2 years, in a bank account, losing value, because the capital project it was set aside for has been delayed many times by bureaucracy. Tesla is experiencing THIS, but on a massive scale.

In those circumstances, it absolutely makes sense that it there is spare cash, a buyback makes definite sense. If the profit margins squeeze, and the cash position worsens, then thats different, but until then, I'd be happy to see Tesla spend some of its cash pile in this way.