Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is the official retrofit of model 3 CCS been announced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the retrofit installed yesterday (confess I am still unaware of the part number of the ECU used in the replacement) without issue. The car will now charge from a CCS fast charger (with the supplied Tesla adapter), although this is not an easy experience. The car will also still happily charge at home from an NACS level-2 charger.

A significant problem that I've experienced, familiar from also having the powered trunk retrofit installed, is that the car apparently will no longer sleep (definitely no sentry mode, no checking going on) as it used to. I have not checked the log to see if any new alerts have popped up (as was the case with trunk retrofit), but will do so ASAP.

Anyone else experience this?

I thought I was the only one with this issue. I had the retrofit done March 30th. Didn’t notice issues with Sentry mode until I noticed a door ding on drivers side. I went into Sentry thru icon to look over videos and I could see the videos but couldn’t play or even select them. Then it dawned on me that I hadn’t been seeing any Sentry alerts on my screen for some time. I should have tried to pull the SSD drive and plugged in to my computer but I spaced and tried to reformat the drive. It said it reformatted successfully but it still wouldn’t work as it gave me an alert that dashcam unavailable, check USB drive. I did everything suggested in other forum threads and nothing. I bought a 128 thumb drive from Amazon and tried to fix with that. Same issue. I was just about ready to message Tesla service when the latest update came through. 2024.3.25 so I updated. Got the thumb drive to capture some videos on a few drives and parks. The videos were very long, up to one hour of footage on one video that I never initiated. I got a couple 10 minute videos of people walking by with the event right at the dead end of the 10 minute clip. There was no notification on the screen of these events. Last but not least I went back to the SSD with added high speed data cable using a suggestion from the forum. Unpluged current drive, rebooted car, plugged in SSD. Went to bed. This morning I have the red and white X in the corner of my icon and Dashcam Unavailable, check USB drive. I’m at a loss!