Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Turn off climate in camp mode?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to keep the 12V circuit running to power a Dometic refrigerator while camping. From what I can tell, the only way to do this is with camp mode. But that keeps the climate running, which will probably waste a lot of power. Is there any way to turn off climate control and keep the 12V on?

I will be parked in a location with large temperature swings throughout the day, from 35 - 80°F. So any set point on the thermostat would probably run either the heat or the AC.

I’ve read some reports that Sentry mode will also keep the 12V on, although older posts say the opposite. Perhaps this was changed in a software update. If this works, then I guess Sentry might draw less power than camp mode. Has anyone measured the difference?

Upvote 0