Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Spring Software Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is nothing random about updates.
They are always rolled out in sequence. The first cars to receive updates have a VIN number divisible by 3 when there is an”R” in the month or divisible by 4 when there is no “R”. In both cases, there should be no less than 42 psi in all four tyres.
If your car doesn’t meet the criteria, then you are bottom of the pile 😂
This is clearly nonsense, because it doesn’t take account of the height of the passenger seat nor the angle of inclination of the 60% rear seat, nor the number of turns of the near side rubber tailgate stay.

This is clearly nonsense, because it doesn’t take account of the height of the passenger seat nor the angle of inclination of the 60% rear seat, nor the number of turns of the near side rubber tailgate stay.
From my personal testing the priority is based on the exact orientation of your car to lay lines, dowsing rods are essential to ensure early updates.

• Funny
Reactions: bainsy and Dilly
Yes of course, they are rolling to people who first got their MY delivered two years ago at present, so you should receive your 2024.14 update somewhere in the middle of 2026... :D
Come on this isn’t true. They use machine learning to workout how quickly you seem to be getting on with the UI, along with the camera to check your level of puzzlement on the interface. Once they are comfortable you’ve worked it out, they ship you a new update where they’ve moved it all around to keep you on your toes.

Once they are comfortable you’ve worked it out, they ship you a new update where they’ve moved it all around to keep you on your toes.
And they send it early for those who take their sweet time to learn the UI, so the better you are the latter you get. And once they learn this version they move it all around and send you early to learn the next version of UI.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
My car has been parked in a field near Gatwick this week and I see the software update is not longer waiting for WiFi to download like it was a couple of days ago. ☹️
Oh dw about that, my app has been saying for 3 weeks that software is waiting to download and to connect to WiFi to do it... but alas, every time I go in the car, the update is never "there" - so the app seems to be off by "orders of magnitude" ;)

My car tends to get updates early and by and large on Thursday, Friday and even Saturday.
I share data with Tesla and s/w downloads are set to advanced.
I don’t subscribe to Teslafi or suchlike but I have received updates before they appear on Teslafi.

Reactions: Benotomy