Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unable to Remove Odometer Tab

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My grandson was playing around with the screen in my 2019 Model 3 and suddenly the odometer tab started appearing in the lower left of the screen.

I cannot figure out how to remove it so I could see all the other tabs.

Thanks to those who actually answered my apparently stupid question. I STFM (Searched the *** Manual, but to no avail). I decided to use this mostly helpful forum to avoid RTYFM from beginning to end

The End

Thanks to those who actually answered my apparently stupid question. I STFM (Searched the *** Manual, but to no avail). I decided to use this mostly helpful forum to avoid RTYFM from beginning to end
I just tried to find this information in the 2019.16 edition of the manual, and it's NOT findable by searching for "odometer". The entire text of the relevant section (on page 5) is below:

Trips. You can display distance driven, energy usage and energy efficiency starting at any time, or since Model 3 was last charged. You can also display this information for up to two trips. Touch ... in the top right corner of a trip to rename or reset a trip.​

I suppose that if you guessed that "trip" was a good term to search for, you might have found this section, but even there is nothing I can see that tells you how to close this. The entire cards interface is really poorly documented.

So no, RTUHM (read the un-helpful manual) wouldn't have helped you here.

I will suggest that the touchscreen is very rich in gestures, so if at any point you are unsure of what to do, don't forget to try swiping in various directions.

I just tried to find this information in the 2019.16 edition of the manual, and it's NOT findable by searching for "odometer". The entire text of the relevant section (on page 5) is below:

Trips. You can display distance driven, energy usage and energy efficiency starting at any time, or since Model 3 was last charged. You can also display this information for up to two trips. Touch ... in the top right corner of a trip to rename or reset a trip.​

I suppose that if you guessed that "trip" was a good term to search for, you might have found this section, but even there is nothing I can see that tells you how to close this. The entire cards interface is really poorly documented.

So no, RTUHM (read the un-helpful manual) wouldn't have helped you here.

I agree that on a forum like this -- whose primary purpose is sharing information -- everybody should be able to ask questions without instantly getting RTFM.

That said, you seem to be saying that doing a keyword search of the manual is the same as reading the manual. No, it is not.

Reactions: garth_angst