Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used 2020 MS LR FSD Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys,

New owner here. When I purchased this vehicle the car has FSD listed as included.

Now that the ownership has transferred to me, it no longer is listed.

I bought it used from a dealer. Do I have any options with Tesla to get that reversed?
967B9C7A-9083-45DF-8EF4-F05D62679C55.jpeg

...Do I have any options with Tesla to get that reversed?

Your options:

1) Show a receipt that FSD was paid. It's listed in the original owner's Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement so if you can get in touch with the first owner to get that proof. By default, Tesla would argue that there's no receipt, there's no payment, and there's no FSD.

2) If the receipt you got from the dealer that has FSD written as the included feature, then, the dealer is liable to get that back. If it was only a verbal promise then good luck to you!

This is common with the purchase of an FSD included Tesla sold by a used car dealership. You have the option to file a civil suit if the dealership won‘t fork over the $15k needed to re-purchase the FSD upgrade. You may also settle on a smaller monetary amount from them as compensation or demand they buy the car back from you provided they advertised the car as coming with FSD. They have breached their sales contract if that is your situation. Tesla will not help you one tiny bit here. It is ALL in the used car dealership’s hands at this time.

I can understand Tesla doing this on FUSC but on FSD it’s wrong. If they are taking it off the car then they should allow transfer to a new car. There is nothing written about it being for original owner only. It kills resale value on the cars as well.