Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vent Oscillation No Longer Works

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
??? I don't believe that Model 3 ever had an automatic oscillating dash vent option. As far as I know my own 2018 LR RWD has never had this. If it's there's a software update that enabled this after 2022.12.3.2 then I'm not aware.

edit: If you mean that the vent does not redirect air when you manually drag your finger across the screen, then yes, that's a problem that probably requires a service visit.

Reactions: XPsionic
I'm not sure what you mean by "oscillate". Here's the dictionary definition, "To vary in magnitude or position in a regular manner around a central point." I have a 2020 M3. It has never had any sort of "oscillating" feature". You can change the direction of the air coming from the vents, but the car doesn't do it by itself or do it continuously. The fan speed will change if you have the Hvac system set to "auto" but it only does it as the cabin temp rises or falls. It does not do it continuously.

I have a 2018 and had the same issue. Do they just make clicking sounds?

I had the left and right actuators replaced under warranty. I checked my invoice and it was all zero cost - so no idea on price. My WAG is $100 x 2 plus $100 or so for labor. It should be under an hour of book time.

Reactions: KevinT3141