Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What happened to the paint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently the paint just chop off, no accident or incident and the whole rear bumper is in a good shape. Only the little one besides the sensor.

Advice?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    426.9 KB · Views: 245
I had this happen around the door handle. Not as bad as yours but it came off on the edges. Tesla and the body shop said it was a paint prep issue with the factory paint job.

Did you get too close with a pressure washer?

I have blue touch up!

is that the new "deep blue metallic", paint code PPSB ? or the older dark blue PMMB

I've been waiting for the deep blue touch up too!
when I asked at the service centre a week or two ago, the newer deep blue PPSB was still not available anywhere. They said they're having trouble making it, or some excuse like that. Don't understand why it takes so long...

same situation on the Tesla website, only the older blue touch up is shown available, in fact there's a note saying:

"Currently unavailable in the new Midnight Silver Metallic (New Metallic Grey - PMNG), Titanium Metallic (PPTI), Deep Blue Metallic (PPSB), and Obsidian Black Metallic (PMBL)"

is that the new "deep blue metallic", paint code PPSB ? or the older dark blue PMMB

I've been waiting for the deep blue touch up too!
when I asked at the service centre a week or two ago, the newer deep blue PPSB was still not available anywhere. They said they're having trouble making it, or some excuse like that. Don't understand why it takes so long...

same situation on the Tesla website, only the older blue touch up is shown available, in fact there's a note saying:

"Currently unavailable in the new Midnight Silver Metallic (New Metallic Grey - PMNG), Titanium Metallic (PPTI), Deep Blue Metallic (PPSB), and Obsidian Black Metallic (PMBL)"

I have the older dark bluw

I have the older dark bluw
ah, ok thanks. you got my hopes up... guess we'll have to keep waiting!

p.s. re going to an auto body shop as someone suggested above - that's actually what the local service centre suggested, they recommended a shop who could match some for me. As I only have a tiny shallow nick on the bottom edge of a door I'm not urgently in need of it and didn't want to bother them - hoping the convenient touch up size will be available soon

ah, ok thanks. you got my hopes up... guess we'll have to keep waiting!

p.s. re going to an auto body shop as someone suggested above - that's actually what the local service centre suggested, they recommended a shop who could match some for me. As I only have a tiny shallow nick on the bottom edge of a door I'm not urgently in need of it and didn't want to bother them - hoping the convenient touch up size will be available soon
Don't go to a body shop, go to an automotive paint store.